Wednesday, January 26, 2011

AN OPEN COMMENT ABOUT MY BEHAVIOR IN CHURCH

A friend of mine sent a comment in to the "365 Thoughts..." but never uses the comment box, she just fires emails my way.  I love it.  This one caught my attention because it is both humorous and deep.  She is commenting on life in  general around these parts because of the week long event of religious education talks for adults.  She is a little strict on the people who do not come around.  Actually, she is right.  There are many of the "elite" parishioners who never come to these presentations even though the professionals giving them are from outside and are very capable of outdoing the local leadership.  Oh, well...  Anyhow, enjoy the humor.  I have a nice one for you all for tomorrow.

I saw you sleep during the homily yesterday.  I wondered for a time if you were bored with Father Fred's homily or just plain tired.  I chose the latter.  (Thank you) 
The Adult Faith Formation Week contains such good topics and
well chosen people and yet they (our parishioners) just trickle in.  Its not you and its not the speakers or lack of announcement.  There is almost a blockage in the air, reminds of Daniel's prayer to God with no response for 2 weeks.  After 2 weeks the angel carrying the prayers to heaven came panting and telling Daniel, that he tried to bring the response from God, but the the earth was blocked by the bad angel from one side of the horizon to another that he had to get St. Michael to help him penetrate.  I'll find out what chapter is this and verse.  (Daniel, chapter 10)  I also a remember a Saint whose name I don't remember his name who came into the new town to preach at the church and no one came.  (St. Anthony of Padua)  He complained to God about it and God told him to go the pier and preach to all the sea creatures.  He did and the whole ocean came alife with fishes and all sea creatures 
ST. ANTHONY PREACHING TO THE FISHES
listening.  

So if by any chance you thought for one minute that it was your failure, it's not.  Something else you have no control of.  One good thing that I noticed, Josh, my husband, started to get serious about his God.  So if nothing else and just one little Josh, hey, heaven had responded.  Thank you for your tremendous effort you and Belle.  

There it is.  Plain and simple in the original language from my Dear, Dear friend,  Justa from Palau Island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.  

She is true salt of the earth and God will never allow her to go flat!

No comments:

Post a Comment