Sunday, March 13, 2011

XXX 4 ADULTS ONLY XXX

Hey, how ya doin'?  Whadja think of the Wedding Chapel ad in the Parish Bulletin?  Good stuff, right.  So then you open this an you get an "X" rated title.  I put that up there to get your attention, no more no less.  I'm back to childhood anyway, so I have to steer clear of certain things, like alcohol, tobacco, fire arms, sharp knives and slippery stairs.  Slippery slopes are OK though, so what with the funny stuff going on at church and all, I figured that I would take the opportunity to tell you that I am pro-choice.  Yup!  Pro-choice.  It's the only way to go, especially if, like me, you are driven to shivers to declare to the entire world that you are, indeed ANTI ABORTION.  
Over the years since surgical abortion was made legal in this country, it has amazed me how twisted the language can get around this issue.  Further, it amazes me how narrow minded pro-life people can actually be.  I was flabbergasted the past January during the Adult Faith Formation Week mini-congress that we held at our church when we had presentations by the professionals from Rachel's Vineyard during the week.  At least three "sidewalk warriors" came to me to denigrate me and the bishop for being "soft" on abortion because we backed these people who are in the ministry of rehabilitating people (women and the men) who had directly procured an abortion.  This is pro-life?  Nope.  What about taking care of the lives if those who procured the procedure?  HHHmmmm??
You know, of all the animals, and in fact of all the creatures, corporeal and spiritual, we are the only ones left with the grace of freedom.  It blows my mind that we can so blissfully throw that grace out the window and declare ourselves pro-life.  That's life, you got two choices, Abortion or Life.  Everything else is not important.  The interesting part of it all is that the three star general from the air base up the road declares himself to be pro-life.  The superior court judge does the same.  The guy who works at the slaughter house is pro-life too.  He has the vegetarians after his hynie.  Now, those same veggie people, they aren't pro life either, as far as I learned in biology class anyway.  Pro-life is a myth.  Pro-life is an oxymoron that is alive and well everywhere.  People have to stop strewing the path of life with such stercore taurorum.  Stop hiding behind the political correctness jargon and call an abortion an abortion and not a prophylactic medical procedure.  Stop hiding behind the stupid assertion that it is "my body."  It's not.  Because it's not, find out what your zipper is for.
Finally, God gave us one choice too.  It's all over the Bible, so I don't have to repeat it, you all know the first commandment.  We have a choice.  Choose God or go to hell. Period.  "Now, therefore, fear the LORD and serve him completely and sincerely. Cast out the gods your fathers served beyond the River and in Egypt, and serve the LORD.  15 If it does not please you to serve the LORD, decide today whom you will serve, the gods your fathers served beyond the River or the gods of the Amorites in whose country you are dwelling. As for me and my household, we will serve the LORD." (Joshua 24;15)  
Finally, if Jesus in the desert had opted to change the stones to bread to satisfy HIS BODY, where would we be today?  I thank Jesus every day for making the choices He made.  He made them so that we would learn to make them through the grace that we get from Him and the Spirit.  By the way, when we are making those choices, let's make them by "making our YES, YES..." (Let your 'Yes' mean 'Yes,' and your 'No' mean 'No...Matt. 34;24)  and forget the political correctness BS.  Call a spade a spade and an abortion an abortion and say openly to the world that we are anti-abortion.
Phew!  That was a high horse to ride.  I hope I calm down by tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment