Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I WAS SERVING MAMMON LUCRE

There's too much going on.  There's work for the transportation company; there's teaching for the parish; there's the old passenger from the transportation company who still loves me and wants me to phone him; There's the tax lady who wants me to be on time for once...just once in 30 years, please.  Her father never complained because he disliked the IRS as much as I did and still do.  I sure hope that God took that guy by the hand and took him for a walk in the Garden.  He was a very holy man.  But, I digress.  I actually caved in to her and she now has our stuff earlier than it has ever been on either his (the father) or her desk.  I have a weak spot for women. I also have been caught up in a messy comment vs. comment in the Catholic magazine these past days.  Oh, it was fun, but it did take a lot of my time and Old Man Lucre (see above) was getting somewhat antsy.  So I got to throw myself at his feet and beg for mercy so that I could have something to pay the rent with next week.  You might know what that is all about.  Have you noticed that I am ending a lot of my sentences with a preposition tonight?  I have to stop it.  My Aussie friends will scold me for not knowing the English language and still putting my verbiage out in public.  By the way, a couple of them live in Tasmania, or do they say, live ON Tasmania?  If they are serious about helping me, they will give me the answer soon.  It's already almost winter there now, so they are no doubt getting more and more cross by the day.  By the way, there is such an animal as the Tasmanian Devil.  At least, they say there is.  On top of all that I took on a charitable work helping the daughters of a dear friend of ours who died about six months ago.  She was French and had property in France and died without a will.  They, the inheriting daughters don't handle the French language very well, so here I am, helping them out.  They tell me that if they have to go to France for this thing, they will take me along to help them.  That's a great prospect!  I wonder if I can deduct the trip so that I won't have to pay taxes on the free ride?
So you're looking for the thought of the day.  I have two.  Neither one of which is very serious, but fun.
One:  Those questions the other day?  They are the type that have no correct and definitive answer.  My friend from Micronesia sent me back and email with answers (hers) and I sent her back an email with mine.
Try it.  You know what you answered.  See if it matches what I could answer.
How long is a string?  Twice as long as its first half.
What does a boat way upon leaving the pier?  Anchor.
How do you lift an elephant with one hand?  First you find a one-handed elephant.   
See what I mean?
Two:  EFR Dion (The Voice from the Kitchen doesn't like it when I do that), so, my father used to be proud of something that not too many people can do.  He was proud that he could write free hand with teenie-weenie writing and you could still read it.   The guy was a serious talent.  Now, fess up, how many of his children knew that about him?
So, now I am going to get out of the arms of Mammon Lucre for a few hours and give Morpheus her turn.  Then Mammon Lucre gets me back tomorrow for the transportation company and Melaleuca which, by the way, is going very well.  We're making $$!  If any of you would like to do something on the side so that you could afford to have an extra topping on your pizza, ask me and I'll send you an interesting link.  
Nighty, night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment