Monday, February 14, 2011

WILL I SLEEP TONIGHT?

IF THIS ALL I DREAM ABOUT, I'LL BE OK
Last night, I did not sleep.  The reasons are too complex for 400 words.  So, in just a few, here's the simple version.
a. Disturbed by so-called devout Catholic disseminating viciously disparaging email about the Obama family.
b. Spent gobs and gobs of time constructing a "teaching" item for another blog of mine to make the truly Catholic point in response to the above item.
c. Spent lots of time trembling about stuff I should have done long ago and is still on the shelf.
d. Spent lots of time dreaming about "sausage type" caricatures of deformed human beings.
e. Spent long minutes "forcing" myself to devise a perfect, no-miss strategy to help my son find work.
f. Spent what seemed like an infinity in recriminations about all the stuff I do without remuneration.  Kept digging deeper for solution.  Dry well!
g. "Sausage type" figures getting terribly grotesque and scaring me awake to a toss & turn frenzy.
h. Flashback to "bad trip" coming down from a ketelar (Super "K") high. (40 years ago!)
i. Switch to figuring out how to send Saint Valentine's Day greetings to my sweethearts in various timezones around the planet earth so that it will indeed be Valentine's Day when they open the email.
j. Spent some time thanking God for such a benign pre-occupation and asked Him to wipe my mental slate clean so I could sleep.
k. I think He laughed, because it was clear that it was already 5:00 AM.
l.  I had promised the Voice from the Kitchen that I would arise at 6:00 AM.
m. I think I fell asleep because the next thing I remember is hearing my name being called followed by the announcement that 6:00 AM had come and gone.
n. I thanked God that He had kept me alive through the night.  I did strongly suggest that tonight, He do it with a stiff shot of somnolence inducing "Blank Brain Syndrome" relaxation.

So now that it is just 10 minutes past midnight and is actually Saint Valentine's Day, I think that there is a slight chance that all my dearly beloved readers will in fact receive my promise for loving prayers on the correct calendar day, no matter where you are.


Luy Ya's All.  God bless you with peace and joy, no matter what day it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment