Friday, February 18, 2011

W-A-Y TOO MUCH TIME ON MY HANDS HOW?? TIME FLIES !!


By the way.  I somehow touched the wrong button with my senseless fingers and caused the underlines that you see here.  I do not know how to get rid of them, and I do not have enough time to investigate the matter further.  So this clownish disclaimer will have to suffice, for now.  Hopefully, it won't happen tomorrow.
As to the title, it comes froom a comment made by Anna May.  You can see it at the bottom of yesterday's post.  Actually, the one before this one.  So, I respond...
Oh, thank you for saying that.  I wondered where all the time had gone.  The sweet kindness of Anna May has made it so clear, all of a sudden.  It is right here, in my hands, right where it belongs.  I mean, I keep looking at the clock and it keeps telling me that there just isn't enough time left on ITS hands to share some with me. That really burns me up because I thought thatclocks were invented to give us the time.  When that didn't work I turned to the calendar, and that was even worse.  I have a calendar on my computer that really has time down to a science.  It has the date and the hour and the minute, right there clutched closely to its cold hearted breast.  Do you think that I get to dip into that reserve? Mmmm?   HAH!  No way.
So now, here I am with time on my hands but NO time on the clock because the flies have it.  No time on the calendar either because it is all too week.  (Grrooaaannnn!)
The one think I think about is the saying  that we all have the same 24 hours in every day.  Ever hear that one?   I disagree.  I know that mine are shorter than those that I observe with other people.  I know it because I see them walking around the park like time has stood still.  They are just there making sure  that they capture all the droppings of their Dachshund in their little plastic bag.  I know this because I see it outside my window while I am busting a gut working for the success of the owner of the transportation company that pays me.  Hey, if their time were as short as mine, they wouldn't have the long hours to follow a long dog along a long path with time added for collecting excrement that the dog takes the time to leave behind every now and then.  Now tell me, that has to be "stretch time."
So, see.  The time that people have from the clock or the calendar is a lot longer than the time I have on my hands because neither the clock nor the calendar is taking care of me.  If I had the friendship of the clock and the calendar I could  be building model airplanes for fun instead of working for a living with this short time business.
Finally, I leave you with this silly thought: "Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."


HEY, GOT TIME ON YOUR HANDS?  VISIT MY FISH POND.  IT'S ALL THE WAY TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN.  PLAY WITH THE FISH BY PASSING YOUR MOUSE OVER THE FISH "POND"  CLICK YOUR MOUSE TO LEAVE THEM SOME "FOOD"















No comments:

Post a Comment