Saturday, February 12, 2011

365 DAYS AGO

90 YEARS OF LIFE
365 days ago Florfina Bungag, "Lola" to many, was born into the eternal embrace of God Himself.  She is pictured here on her 90th birthday, about 10 weeks before her emigration to heaven.  On this day, she was indeed the queen, seen here with the first born of her nine children.  
You have seen other pictures of her on various pages of my blogs.  The last of which can be found here.
Today and tomorrow the family will get together to pray for her soul while not forgetting to pray for her to intercede for us all before the Loving Father that we all adore in heaven.  
It was also during this time last year when our family was going through some rather challenging moments.  Belle had just been operated on for the excision of her gall bladder and I was knocked off my feet while in the clutches of a ravaging attack of the gout.  I was effectively incapacitated through February, March and April.  Now, thank God, I am back on my feet and back to normal.  The good news is that I am about 30 pounds lighter.  The bad news is that I am uglier than those ugly, wrinkled Chinese dogs. I am glad that God invented fig leaves in the Garden of Eden.
I also seem to remember that Roland was having his challenges around that time too.
This is also the month that signals what would be the 98th birthday of EFR Dion.  (2/24).  July will be number 100 for "Mina". (7/31)  When we are born, and when we grow up, we don't give much thought to whether or not we will be remembered 100 years after our birth.  It does happen.  The trick is to be remembered 100 years after we die.  The closest I can come is Cécile Dion (+ c.1943)?  I'm going to need some help on this one.  Gloria?  Anyone?  Denis?  Emélie?
That's it for now.  

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the wonderful memories both of Mama and Jo-El.

    ReplyDelete