Saturday, December 31, 2011

WHAT'S "NEW"IN A NEW YEAR?


RESOLVE TO ACHIEVE THIS IN 2012
Now, there's a question?  There are many things afloat in the ethersphere these days, but not too many of them are really original.  For me the "NEW" in a new year is the day to day experience of  the passage of time.  Since I was about 32 years old, passage of time has interested me.  It is not a preoccupation with age, it has everything to do with the inner responses that I experience along the course of time.  It is mysterious to me how my reactions, intellectual and emotional vary from day to day and sometimes from hour to hour.  It hasn't been a New Year's thing for me, it has been more a time flow thing.  I have noticed that as time flows, so flow I, if that can pass for comprehensible language construction.  I, for instance, consider myself to be a fairly open-minded person.  Just as I am patting myself on the pat for that virtue, I find myself reacting negatively to a new behavior on the streets of the urban area in which I live.  Or, I find myself being insulted at the idiot who is texting when listening and learning from immediate contact with intelligent people in a sincere conversation.  I doubt that I will change in the coming twelve months.
Milestones are what we make them out to be.  They make it easier for us to comprehend the life we lead.  Nothing really changes rapidly enough for us to really make perceptible changes in ourselves to accommodate the changes that happen on a day to day basis.  Everything stays so much more the same that to change into something different on a day to day basis that it takes a long time for us to realize that we have fallen behind.  I must say that it is nice to have some markers though.  They tend to make life more interesting.
Here, therefore is a list of "sames" for me:
I am not Anglo Saxon and I am proud of it.
I am Catholic, and have stood up for it in some dangerous situations.  I would do it again.
Because of that, I am not leaving just because of some idiot priest(s).
I hate unions.  That hasn't changed and never will.  
I am not a "politician" and I choose not to respect them.  I am convinced that they are all immoral beings.
I am "anti abortion", and I am not pro-life at all costs.
I do not believe that changing "sex" to "gender" makes any sense at all.


I do have a list of changes...I have to be fair, right?
I like the electronic revolution.  Like so many other things, it gets abused.
I like the medical advances.  Imagine, human spare parts.  There too there are huge abuses.
I like the speed of travel.  
I think that the United States as a society is too stupid to admit that it could make things better in many areas, like travel and like in electronics.
Yep, I used to think that we were the BEST.  Now I know different.  Not from the TV.  I've been there.
I have come to the conviction that we have too much easy credit for our own good.
I no longer support capital punishment to the extent that I once did.
I now know that the Latin Language has absolutely no place in the prayer life of the Catholic Church.  


That's enough.  You got the point.  So, we all officially one year older now than we were ten minutes ago.  Some of you reading this are already about 24 hours older than the rest of us at this point.  Oh, well, time marches on, as we used to say.
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!
CLICK HERE FOR SOME FUN







No comments:

Post a Comment