Friday, December 2, 2011

NARROW MINDED? NOT ME. I'M OPINIONATED


Narrow minded?  Not ME. I'm just opinionated, that's all.
    The narrow minded ones are those who comment on other people's blogs with the same argument, no matter what the blog title or topic is.  They make generalized statements that you can't argue against because they are so general that it is impossible to challenge them.  That is one of  the most maddening, to me anyway, character traits that I encounter.  We all have a point of view in life.  As you can tell, I have a point of view.  My challenge is to go back over the all the hundreds of articles I have written over the last 380 days to check for the focus of what I have produced.  I often think of what it would look like if I could distill everything and put its core meaning down in 50 words or less.  I know that there is a way to do that.  My challenge is not so much the method as the time.  I would never be able to produce anything during the time that it would take to discover the bulls-eye of my opinion[s].  So I guess you and I will never really know what it is that I am opinionated about.  In my opinion, one of them anyway, it's a good thing to not know specifically the pinpoint of your opinionation.  The vagueness of what it could be allows me to shepherd several seemingly unassailable opinions for the fun that I can therefore get out of being thought of as being opinionated about everything.  Thereby avoiding the Narrow Minded label.
Narrow-mindedness is the worst fault.  Narrow-mindedness knows no logic.  Narrow-mindedness doesn't allow new intellectual light to seep in to stretch the grey matter synapses to the bandwidth that is needed to deal with contemporary reality.  The narrow minds just sits there and dares the world to stretch it...open it.  The narrow mind is as tight at the main vault at Fort Knox.  It allows itself one function, no matter the context.  It does provide a lot of entertainment for us opinionates, I have to admit.  Global warming is not man-made.  It is God's punishment of mankind for rampant, legalized abortion.  Ethanol aids and abets legalized abortion because it uses up food and mothers get aborted out of fear that they won't be able to feed their baby.  I know that you don't want me to continue going down this road.  You get the point.
I think that opinionated people, like I am, have the ability to stake out their convictions in a logical, close-knit argument.  What makes me opinionated is that I may not let you know that you're getting to me and that I am coming over to your way of thinking.  I will keep testing my theory for a long time because that way I'll be sure whose on to the truth, me or you.  I can't speak for other "hard heads" but I can say that I do acknowledge the validity of positions and statements of fact expostulated by enlightened interlocutors.  I always call that espousing the truth that I have discovered at an unexpected source.  

1 comment:

  1. It's interesting How fear weighs in here, too. Not the Good ol' fashioned fear, but the fear that motivates one to do, and say much of what is said........and done!

    Narrow mindedness, as I have observed, is also a fear based trait. It's interesting how this is so. It's also a VERY Human Symbolic. Good thing Love takes care of it!

    ReplyDelete