Saturday, November 19, 2011

WORD ASSOCIATION GAME -- REALLY

CLICK HERE FOR PAUL'S REACTIONS
Here's what happened to me today.  I was driving back to our residence from visiting our relatives in a city 90 miles away.  The radio was transmitting "Prairie Home Companion" with Garrison Keillor.  In a very short time this program succeeded in getting somnolence to attack the Voice from the Kitchen and Garrison Keillor ruled the cabin for the next 60 or 70 minutes.  Along the way, I got this silly game going inside my head that surprised me because it didn't seem to have been triggered by anything that Guy Noir was doing to solve his case.
So here it is.  I would think of a country and then say the first, or only, person's name that crossed my mind right after becoming explicit about the country I was naming.  So, I am inviting you to have some fun with me.
When I arrived home, I listed the countries that I had "named" in my head and the name of  the first person who claimed the cranial space.  Then I would do the same for the first country that came to mind, in perfectly spontaneous and serendipital order.  I will give you the list of the countries in the order that I wrote them down.  This too was a rather "stream of consciousness" exercise.  If you want to play, just do what I did.  If no one pops up, don't sweat it, just move on to the next one.  The first point of interest is to see how many you can get.  The second point of interest is to see how many of  yours will duplicate mine.  Finally, you will know some that I didn't think of, so you can add them and send them to me for my enjoyment.  You will find my "associations" by either clicking here or on the link below the map at the head of this post.  Ready?  Get set.  Go....
USA
CANADA
ARGENTINA
VENEZUELA
ITALY
FRANCE
ENGLAND
HOLLAND
SWITZERLAND
GERMANY
NORWAY
CHINA
JAPAN
SINGAPORE
TURKEY
IRAQ
EGYPT
KOREA
AUSTRIA
AUSTRALIA
PHILIPPINES
EL SALVADOR
NICARAGUA
MEXICO
HAITI
SOUTH AFRICA
INDIA
SPAIN
POLAND
PORTUGAL

No comments:

Post a Comment