Thursday, November 3, 2011

COUNTERFEIT CASHIER'S CHECK, JUST FOR YOU

THE BANK WAS HAPPY TO GIVE ME A COPY!
There is perhaps not one of you who has ever seen a counterfeit cashier's check.  My first experience was on November 2, 2011.  The one I'm talking about is pictured above.  Every time I have ever terminated a transaction involving final payment, I always demanded that the payment be made by cashier's check.  I never in my business life thought that a cashier's check could be challenged.  In fact, I remember one time when I went to the bank where I am still a "loyal" customer with a cashier's check and heard the teller say that there would be a 24 hour hold before the funds would be released.  My jaw stiffened and my eyes iced over and I, through furiously controlled clenched teeth demanded to know why.  She just smiled and said, "Well, sir, that's the policy.  This check is for $1,200.00.  We put these on hold."  That was it.  If you don't like it, there's a bank half a block down the street, go there.  So, I took it.  
Those of you who read these rambling thoughts of mine, read yesterday what had happened to me as I was applying for online, work-at-home, gainful employment.  The upshot of it was that the "company" sent me a $2,865.00 dollar check to buy equipment and supplies.  Why?  Officially, I don't know because they never had the chance to tell me.  I asked.  I was told, "Bring the check to the bank.  Tell me that it is there.  Email me the receipt and then we will start your training."  I was never told what the supplies were, what receipts I had to produce for the expenses.  NOTHING.  Soooo, I took the check to the bank, filled out the deposit slip, signed the check and went to the teller's window.  When I got there, I said; "Before you do anything else, please investigate the validity of this check."  She looked at the check, looked at me, asked, "Where did you get it?"  I said, "From a company on the Internet."  She nodded, turned to her computer and started pecking away.  After five minutes she turned to me, asked me to have a seat and that I would be told what the final decision about the check is after a few minutes.  
Well, after 15 minutes I was told by the customer service manager, "This is counterfeit."  I was not surprised, just very happy that I had been right in my actions.  She asked me to get her all the evidence I could.  I said I would do that.  So I did.  I asked for a copy of the counterfeit and she willingly gave it to me.  I sugared the pot a little bit by telling her that I am an active blogger.  She liked that.  So, that is what you see at the head of this article.
I have to make one more observation.  In the last ten days or so, I have come face to face with so much evil that it is difficult for me to understand.  I have been able to observe exceedingly complex structures of businesses that are constructed simply to perpetrate fraud on society.  They are high tech destruction machines.  They are convoluted and shadowy, buttressed by well developed stories and protected by carefully calibrated responses to whatever challenge may be hurled at them.  The amount of intellectual, emotional and physical energy that is required to build and maintain these structures is astounding.  It's all the more disheartening that these complex endeavors have but one goal, to deceive honest people and induce them to part with their hard-earned money in favor of fraudulent and underhanded disciples of Lucifer.  It is one time in my life that I thank God that I have a strong willed aversion to come-ons.  I am not impervious, but I maintain my carapace carefully and keep it up in front of me every day.  Sad to say, you all should do the same.  
P.S.  If you did not yet do it, go back to the cover-letter email and open the PowerPoint show.  It is one minute and forty-five seconds long.  It is not something that someone sent me.  It is a show that I authored for the good of all my friends based on my personal experience.  You will not have to click on anything.  Open it, sit back and learn.  Send it to everyone you know.

1 comment:

  1. You one lucky and smart man, Paul. If it's too good to be true, you know the rest.. :-)

    ReplyDelete