Thursday, January 5, 2012

WRAPPED AROUND THE AXLE

In 21st century parlance, "I was wrapped around the axle" so tightly that I couldn't get anything done.
Do you believe that?  Don't get political on me and say "Yes" just because you think that's what I want to hear.  The bad thing about being wrapped around the axle is that you know that YOU put yourself there.  You know you should not have taken the chance on being able to do 10 things in 2 days.  Being wrapped around the axle is like driving your car over a bunch of barbed wire.  Yup.  You are now paralyzed and won't get anywhere unless you  get some help.  Serious help.  Like one piece of serious help that I need is to figure out why I put that graphic up in the corner.  I understand the words, but I cannot for the life of me see the stuff that is the opposing force causing this problem.  It perhaps doesn't matter because the lines are nice and curvy and the colors are sweet.  I think that is because it must come from Brazil, being that the non-English language up there is Portuguese.  It must be something that they put out to draw attention to Carnaval (Mardi Gras, Brazilian style).
Actually, I have been putting strange hours trying to be meeting all my self-imposed deadlines for the Mini-Congress of Religious doctrine/Catholic life style studies for adults scheduled for Jan 22 through 28.  We got a lot of stuff going on this  year...even American Indian dances and a 90 minute presentation about the Catholic History of African Americans.  Let me just say that before there was sex abuse, there was racial cruelty.  Right there in the pews.  They learned it from the pulpit, too.  That was one of the biggest downers I ever sat through, the first time I heard about some of the crap that went on...and oh yeah, it hasn't all gone away either.  Hey, I shouldn't be doing this to myself.  Don't worry, I'll get over it.
So, take care.  I will try to write something cheery tomorrow.  Like how the world is NOT going to end on September 12.  I'm also holding off on the memory of the leap year superstition that since I was a child has lost all meaning.  Some of you older people maybe know to what I am referring.
Take it nice and easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment