Thursday, January 12, 2012

FISHCAT SOUP ANYONE?

Fishcat soup
Did you ever notice how your memory works?  Something happens in front of you and then memories start to kick in.  Funny thing is, they don't all connect with what you just saw.  We just had that happen to us.  Belle aka "Voice from the Kitchen" and I were in a store and right in front of us a man knocked over several shelves of VERY noisy merchandise, all of it perfectly unbreakable.  Many people saw it, including us, but no one was laughing because everybody saw that the man was very mortified.  The store people came to the scene very quickly and they relieved the tension by their happy attitude.  One of the younger members of the crew even put his arm on the shoulder of the embarrassed man and got him to smile.  We were on our way out when all of this occurred so we continued on our way.  Belle told me that she has a similar experience when she was working at the souvenir shop at the La Salette shrine in Attleboro, Massachusetts.  She was in her early twenties, fairly new to this country and really nervous about what had just happened.  Worse still, was the chewing out that she got from the guy in charge.  I will refrain from exposing the innocent to your wrath by naming him.  Belle fell to sobbing uncontrollably and before long the in-charge guy was apologizing.  It was then that I remembered the falling Christmas tree that I had caused one year, much to the dismay of MJT Dion...EFR Dion was not home at the time.  From there my mind went to the time when my brother dropped a dish while still in the pantry and MJT Dion grabbed the entire stack that my bro had in hand and hit him over the head with it in anger, thus breaking one more plate.  Then, when EFR Dion came home, she told him the whole story, in somewhat of a sheepishly humorous tone.  He then demonstrated how she should have done it by breaking another plate over his knee.  MJT Dion was beside herself and everybody was laughing.  As I was thinking all of these things, Belle said, "I'm hungry.  I have some fishcat soup in the fridge.  That OK with you?"  I was really laughing inside, and in hearing this Spoonerism, I burst out laughing while inquiring, "Are there any bones in fishcats?"  Now, I ask you, do you have to wait until you are well into your seventh decade before having this stuff happen to you?  Apparently not.  It is fun, though.
By the way, there is no soup left, fishcat or otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment