Tuesday, August 2, 2011

RAMADAN

RAMADAN has begun.  30 days of fasting.  30 nights of happiness. It is a moment of high religious and spiritual meaning.  It is also a time when it is a miracle that there aren't more grouchy people around.  We once had an Islamic tour bus driver during two weeks of Ramadan.  He didn't take a sip of water, he didn't eat and yet he remained as calm, cool and collected as anyone could be.  He did tell us that he would rise early and have a good meal before the canon shot.  Oh, yeah the canon.  The day does not start with the clock in your house.  it starts with the time the canon is fired.  From that moment, the total fast begins and must be observed until the canon is fired again in the evening.  I am talking about the way it is done in the Middle East.  I don't know what happens in the West and of course, I don't know how it is done here in North America.  I haven't heard any canons, so I guess the time of observance is on the clock and the conscience of the people themselves.
I am not an expert on Ramadan, so that is all I will say about it for now.  The last day of Ramadan is August 29, 2011.  I pray that Allah and YHWH shake hands and help to bring some peace into the world thanks to the prayers of those true believers in the God who created us all and Who guides us all to our heavenly reward.

No comments:

Post a Comment