Monday, August 1, 2011

The duration is 248 days, IT'S A BOOK ALREADY & IT'S FREE

The disembodied voice sends out its funereal vibes about the progress or lack thereof of this blog.  Every now and again I think of the bet that I made with myself while lying awake during the night from November 24 to 25, 2010.  This is crazy.  I sometimes go through the past posts and I say to myself, "Did you write that?"   have to admit that no one else could or would admit to it, so it might just as well be me.  There are several things that have surfaced in this time and we still have 117 more days to go. Is it possible?
Today was one of those days when I thought a lot about what goes into this blog.  I thought of how the rules came about.  You know, rules, like in regulations, like in "ground rules" or "Guidelines."  There isn't any umpire or referee here to blow the out-of-bounds whistle.  So how does anybody know what is in-bounds and what is not?  Does anybody care?  There are really no good answers to any of these questions, I guess.  I thought that today I might go over some of the rules that have developed along the way.  Try to have a "catchy"picture.  Try for a "snappy" title.  No name calling.  Not too much identification of individuals.  Cute nick-names for people.  No out and out religious stuff.  No heavy duty confessions of any number of huge idiotic behaviors of which I have some really vivid memories and thoughts.  No salacious talk, neither narrative nor expletive.  No serious "bitching."  No spamming nor slamming.  No "serious" plagiarism.  No pictures of people who don't give their consent to be on the Internet.  How am I doing so far?  I can't believe that I have come this far and the language has been fairly safe.  I sometimes keep it that way by using big words that even I have a hard time understanding.  Sometimes I even use Latin to camouflage my potty mind.  But so far, not too bad.
I have still a couple of serious topics that I will get around to, I guess.  I am thinking that I will have to introduce you all to my other two blogs, after having broken the ice with Grouchy Kurmujjin yesterday.  I think I have once or twice offered links to "No Crying at My Funeral."  Next will be Salettinian, which you can see by clicking here.  In all four, you can see another side of me.
I keep getting told to put this stuff together into a book.  There was a time when I started a book.  Now that I have all these thousands of words captured in four blogs, and then some,  I have written a book.  It's all yours for the clicking.  It hasn't made me a dime and it won't cost you a cent.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment