Tuesday, August 2, 2011

D. B. COOPER IS BACK --- HIJACK A PLANE FOR $ 200,000.00?

Hi!  I'm back.  Yeah, my name is Dan and I, uh, took your airplane back in 1971.  I'm really sorry about the whole thing and I'm wondering if you'll accept my apology for the trouble you've been through.  So, uh, where do we go from here?
Well, Dan, there are a few little things that still have us puzzled, but when all is said and done, we really don't have much to go on before we accept your apology.  We've been through so many people that we've really kinda made up our minds that if we're sure that you're the guy, we'll be so happy we'll just shake your hand, congratulate you on a job well done and call it a day.  
Uh, that's real nice ta hear, but what about the money?
What money, Dan?
Ya know, the $ 2 hundred grand.
Oh that.  Well we found nearly $6,000 of that some time back, and we thought that was rather nice.  We thought it was a sure sign that you had checked out. Kinda nice that we were wrong about that, don't ya think?  
Well, yer right there.  So where do we go from here?  Well, what do you want to do?
Well, I kinda want to go to jail.  $200,000 didn't last very long and I'm sick and tired of living from hand to mouth and eating dumpster food.  
Yeah, yer right, 200 grand is not really a lot of money.  Actually, these days that's such small change that we can't put you in jail for that.  For us to put you in jail, you would have to be at about the $20,000,000.00 mark.  Now, that would be something we could do something about.  For that, we could roust about finding a nice warm cell and three square meals a day for you.  What we really suggest is that you find yourself a warm street vent from the subway, a pad and a pencil and write a book.  That will keep you busy and out of airplanes and in about five years you'll be rich.  So, on your way, Dan, and stop playing with chump change.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<+++++++++++++++>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


I write about this because I remember it well.  It's weird to be able to remember things that are this old.  Weirder still, a lot of the stuff I remember happened 30 years BEFORE D.B. Copper.  WOW!!

No comments:

Post a Comment