Tuesday, August 16, 2011

MONEY, MONEY, MONEY

important message click here
This is about as taboo as it gets.  In fact it is so taboo that we're going to have to go to the Bible to try to exorcise it.  I rather like going to the Bible to talk about secular stuff.  Surprisingly there is a lot to be learned there.  Yes even about ------------->>>>
Sometimes it makes me think about the movies though.  You know, like James Bond, for instance.  How does he do it?  Never runs out of mo... resources.  Of course he is a government employee.  But, then there is the guy, the doctor who is running away to escape from the police so that he can catch the real killer.  I forget who that is.  I'll try to look it up.  
Kimble, that's who, Dr. Richard Kimble.  He was portrayed by Harrison Ford.  I could never figure out how he could do all that escaping and never do a lick of work.  Where did he get the mon...uh, wherewithall?
That never happens in real life.  In fact it is the other way around.  The Bible, oh yeah, I almost forgot.  I've noticed that Abraham never runs short.  I don't know how many stories you can read about him and he's always flush with the green.  My favorite is the story where he buys his burial ground from Ephron.  Amazing!  He doesn't bargain or anything, he just tells the guy, take the money. The guy says, in front of all his people, "OK, four hundred shekels of silver is not too much between friends."  Done.  They count it out and they're happy.  Sheeeesh!  That Abraham, first he gives seven of his best heads of livestock to Abimelech and then the silver to Ephron.  No wonder I never met this guy.  He's too far out of my league. 
But it does give you an idea of how much of a rat-fink weasel Judas was.  30 pieces of silver.  I wonder what that was worth on the open market back then.  Heck, it was only 9 centuries after Abraham.  [It was worth 1 day's wages.  Or you could buy a slave for that.  About 30 shekels.]  Sounds like serious devaluation to me.  Maybe the shekel had taken a nose-dive because of the competition with the Roman "denarius."  But wow, what a cheap *&^%))__#@!
Back to the green.  The thought I had the other day was not green or any other color.  I was thinking about electronic money.  For a long time now I have never had more than $5.00 in my pocket at any given time.  That is simply because I sit at my computer, type some numbers on the keyboard, hit "enter" and know that suddenly my gross worth has declined.  It is rather depressing to work hard, sweat until "payday" only to find that the only way to ascertain what happened is to go home and check your computer to see if it really happened.  I was wondering if there really is any real money out there or whether it is all just a hoax.  I am going to be out of town for some four weeks or so shortly.  In fact I will be in Europe for nigh on to three weeks.  My mortgage payment is going to come due, as well as other electronic obligations.  No sweat.  I will just sit there and do what I usually do.  Type in the numbers and hit "enter."  Done.  Better yet. Just like James Bond, all I will have to do is go to the nearest Banque Nationale de France, put my piece of plastic between miss ATM's lips and catch the bills that she spits out in return.  That's only if I have to deal with some retrograde traditionalist cobble stone street merchant somewhere.  I have made confirmed hotel reservations in the space of five minutes from ten thousand miles away.  Are they crazy?  No?  Then maybe I'm the crazy one.  10,000 miles away in an unincorporated mountain village 4,000 feet in the air and they trust a message saying that they are going to  get money after I sleep there.  I think that we are both nuts.  it sure gives a new meaning to the expression, "Got no money, got no time, ain't got nuthin', not a dime."
I have no idea who invented money.  If it was the Romans, they were smart not to have a "zero" in their life.  That way, they always had something.  If it was the Mayan, they were lucky too because they could keep adding zeros after the "1" and really sock to it the poor unsuspecting Roman.  Can you just imagine that?  Some Roman noble comes to the West, buys three panther tooth necklaces and gets socked for about 10,000 Mayan-a-macallums.  HHeeee... Such a deal.  See, that's what you get for not having a "zero", tin-shirt, square pants boob!  Hey, is that an Arab Horse you got there?  It is!  Whoa!  Hey, how about 000000000005 for that sweetheart?  Really?  You're good to go for that.  Yeah, just a minute.  Hey ya know what?  How about I give you a deal and give you 075 for your sturdy steed?   Yeah, good, I feel better for you too.  Besides I don't have anything smaller than that on me.
Now, try that on your trusty megabyte grinder, Sir Brin.


I never believed I could have such an inane, inconsequential thought.  My gray matter must be loosing its wrinkles.

No comments:

Post a Comment