Thursday, June 7, 2012

IRISH HORSES, EATING IRISH GRASS, HAND-PICKED GRASS, OF COURSE

Émélie Moriarty, née Dion
This has to be green.  It is quasi miraculous that the mane of the creature in the foreground is tinted with the filtered sunlight with a hint of green touching it. You can tell that these horses are Irish by the looks in their eyes.  Those are devilish Leprechaun eyes checking out the mares in the field off to their right.  Could be that they were checking out the artist too.  I know her to be a rather nice looking, devilishly eyed human being. Come to think of it, those eyes came from her.  Aha, mystery solved.
You can also tell that the grass that they are eating is Irish because it's green.  Now, now, hold off a bit.  I mean deeep emerald greeen.  You know, the Irish kind of green.
When I first laid eyes on this painting, I was deeply moved.  Not so much by the animals but by the meticulously defined details.  It seems to me to be a challenge that I personally could never sucessfully meet.  Look at the barbed wire fence.  I could never do that.  I was afraid to touch it for fear of being stabbed.  The artist was standing behind me armed and ready to protect her opus if I dared to reach out my grubby digit.  So, yeah, the fear was real.
I was also awed by the detail of the flowers and the grass mixed in between them.  I asked her how she did that.  The answer was typical artist talk.  "That wasn't too bad.  I just did it, I guess."  But I am sure that it was done with any number of deep sighs, followed by slow counts to ten before the redip of the brush.
I must say that this painting means a lot to me, even though it is not mine.  I know, love and respect the artist and the lovely guy to whom she has been married since God was a little boy. I cannot help but admire the talent that it takes to do these things.  I can't even paint the side of a barn, never mind make a horse look like a horse.  Not just a horse, but a horse with a personality.  How does she do that?
So, enjoy the picture.  If you have something that you have produced, send it over so that we can all admire it and the world will have a crack at judging just how good you really are.
ATTENTION:
The "Irish Horses" painting is priceless.  So don't even think what you might be thinking.  Don't even be tempted into thinking it.  Now just be good boys and girls and go raid your attic for your priceless treasure and I'll put the same warning on it too! [:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment