Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I HAVE FORGOTTEN MORE THAN YOU'LL EVER KNOW...

LAVENDER SOUVENIR, FRENCH ALPS
...and every day I forget more than I'll ever know about anything, never mind about myself.  I never learn.  Every day I tell myself that I am going to carry around something to take notes with so that I can remember what it is that I want to laugh and joke about in the evening.  I never do that.  I can't remember how many times I tell myself during the day, "That's a good one, do it tonight."  Tonight?  Are you kidding?  It's only ten minutes later and I can't remember what it was that I was supposed to remember for tonight.  If you count the times that I have suffered that indignity, it has to be astronomical.  Imagine, I started doing this "365 Thoughts..." on November 24, 2010.  In that amount of time I have forgotten enough to sink the Queen Mary.  Not only that, I started to write the "No Crying at My Funeral" in June of 2007. It would be vaingloriously foolish for me to try to remember all that I have forgotten that I was supposed to remember for that wonderful piece of periodic literature. 
For this blog post, I made three resolutions to "do that one tonight" and I can't remember a single one of them.  What did happen was that I was putting a photo album away and when the back page fell open, I saw the dried souvenir of a French Lavender twig that Belle had plucked from the French Alps in La SaLette France.
Actually what caught my eye was the pose of the outline if the twig.  Trust me, I have nothing to do with the positioning of this 50+ year old sprig of lavender. It looks like a a stick figure because it is one.  But it does look contrived.  But it is not.  So here you have it.  Fifty years of history making it into the "365 Thoughts..."
Stick with me here so that I can remind you of what it eas that I was supposed to remember tomorrow.  Should prove to be rather interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment