Tuesday, June 19, 2012

GRANTED WISHES = DESTROYED DREAMS

If anyone reads Manson's autobiography, he states that the lyric "When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed" was found on a fortune cookie.


Before blogs were invented, I wrote an article for the school paper about bumper strickers.  This quote from an unknown but used by Charles Manson brought me back to my bumper sticker days.  I don't remember a bumper sticker that said, "Be careful what you ask for."  Nevertheless, it is such an ingrained element of our popular wisdom that one would like to think that it did come from a bumper sticker.  At least bumper stickers did, or so it seemed, try to be somewhat droll.  They did not seem to have germinated in warped, dark, damp, mushroom incubating minds like this seems to have done.  But one has to admit that bumper stickers really are quite dark.  That was the tone of my article.  


Those of you who have followed this blog know that I have addressed the power of muslim women to communicate their sexual reactions to the handsome guy who just walked into their area of perception.  I searched for it,to no avail.  Let me just make a simple statement.  I know from personal experience that when a gorgeous pair of female eyes communicate to a willing male, fifty pounds of clothes will not prevent Mother nature from taking over.  Do they ever wish that they would have the religious freedom to allow them to just cover the "essentials" and feel the air and the sun massage their bodies in blissful comfort?  I'll bet that they do.
I therefore do not regret putting up the picture at the top.  The Egyptians have had centuries of beach nudity in their existence. I don't think that the fear mongers have anything to wring their hands about in 2012.  Like China, Egypt has a lot of life experience in the bag.  I can't get worked up about their having to live with a little Western Nudity.  Not as long as that nudity has a deep pocket in a hotel room somewhere within the reach of the we'll wrapped religious/civil leaders.


I do wonder though about where we as a very young country are headed.  We are coming up to our first 300 year cycle.  I'm wondering if I should encourage my son to practice his dictatorship skills.  Maybe not.  Down deep, he's too kind and loving.  I know that the saying at the top is not new or even recent, but it did catch my eye, so I went with it in the hope of giving you all something to think about.  
Sweet dreams, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment