Sunday, June 17, 2012

ANOTHER PAPA COMIC -- UNDATED, AS USUAL

I was fishing around my stuff today because I am looking for some important property that has found a way of disappearing.  There are many things that have a way of doing that when you get to be a certain age.  Sooner or later, according to my experience, you find what it was that you thought you had lost.  As a matter of fact IT wasn't lost because IT knew all along where IT was.  It was YOU who were lost because YOU didn't know where YOU were in relation to IT.  
One of the treasured objects that I had not seen in many moons is pictured here.  It is a Fathers Day card that I received from #2 son.  No one knows when I received this and Jo-El has no recollection of when it could have been.  As usual, these marvels of creative inspiration are never dated.  So, just enjoy the picture and realize that it does bear a certain resemblance to the human behind the thought.
I have to admit that the search for the major item that I consider to be the most important has yet to show up.  I have one absolute conviction about it.  It can be nowhere but in the house.  
#1 son came the 60 miles from where he lives to have lunch and to be with his mother and father for a couple hours.  It was a happy moment.  Mama cooked a wonderfully juicy chicken breast and smothered it in our favorite vegetables with curry enough to make the whole thing interesting.  Topped off with apple pie and ice cream this was a banquet for three that will be remembered for some time.  
I will now turn to restoring some semblance of order to my work station.  

No comments:

Post a Comment