Saturday, July 30, 2011

GROUCHY KURMUJJIN -- WHO'S THAT?

Yesterday I got wrapped up in politics.  I follow politics because it is good for my blood pressure.  My blood pressure stays high enough to let me know that there is still life in me when politicians speak.  I often wonder whether they are human beings or not.  They must be, I guess because they know how to talk. Lord, yes, they can talk all right.  They rarely say anything, but their lips are moving and their Adam's Apple is moving up and down.  So something is happening there, but no one knows what it is.  I think that inside all of us there is a politician.  We just do not dare admit it.  Despite the distaste that we learn to develop about politicians, we also have to realize that without them we would be hard pressed to have an organized society.  We are created such that we need to be organized.  We are not cats, after all.  Cats, at least the domestic kind, seem to get along very well in a community of one.  After they break loose from the litter, they haughtily go their own way.  As we can easily observe, dogs are more like we are.  They need community and organized hierarchy in order to live well.  If they can't find it among themselves, they train a human or two to walk along the path of life with them.  It's beyond my ken, but some humans allow themselves to be taken along for that walk.  Hold on to your seats now, I admit, at least intellectually if not emotionally, that there is a little bit of cross species attraction in humans too.  Good thing too.  It contributes to the welfare of the life forms on the planet.  Even the Grouchy Kurmujjin and I have about .000001 of such an attraction.  When it comes to dogs, we prefer to wok them than to walk them, let alone walk with them.  Truth to tell, the two of us have about .00000000001 attraction to politicians, putting dogs in a better position than the human sub-species, politician.  It is important to note that it is not essential for us to have positive attractions to certain realities to make them necessary to  life as we know it.
Grouchy Kurmujjin
SSooooooooooo ...  Who is the Grouchy Kurmujjin?  That is he on your right.  He happens to be one of my alter egos.  He is the glorious Misanthrope in me.  He too has a blog.  It drips with socially, politically, diplomatically and other forms of non-acceptable behavior and language.  He is the part of me that I keep at the .00001 level in this blog.  It is not easy sometimes, but I combat his appearances here with humor.  It is important for me to acknowledge his existence.  It is also important for you all to at least meet him in passing.  He, after all is also contained in the drop of water about which we spoke yesterday.  If you want to have a little fun, you can click on the red letter links [not this one!] in order to find yourself in the pure and unadulterated presence of the Grouchy Kurmujjin.  You will notice that the counter on top of the page indicates that there are not too many blog reading people who know about my buddy.  I can assure you, however, that there are many, many warm-blooded human beings who know him personally, and know him very well.  They are the ones who read the local obit page every single day in the hopes that they now know that the prairie daisies will have a little extra boost on their upward climb to the surface of America's Finest City.  [That is sunny San Diego, California, for those of you who may not know.]
One of these days I will introduce you to the other me's.  Yeah, there are four of us.  They have blogs too.

2 comments:

  1. Paul,
    Some day I would really like to read what you think of so many of our politicians who openly and regularly lie, tell you what you want to hear but certainly don't agree with what they tell you, intentionally, frequently and without shame are unethical, use their power and positions first for their own gain and secondly for those they may like, never accept blame for anything and delight in always blaming the other guy, act like children who don't get their way, and lastly act like ass holes day in and day out.
    In private industry we all have run into a few of these types of people in all businesses, but how come we have so many in one place such as in Washington and they seem to be in the majority and in control?
    Oh well, you can see I have been listening to the political comedy channels again!
    George

    ReplyDelete
  2. George, et al:
    It is my opinion that they are not all in Washington. There are some in Mexico, Paris, London, Bohn, Rome, Jerusalem, Oslo, Stockholm, Dublin, Madrid, Moscow, Beijing, Tokyo, Manila, Buenos Aires...Need I go any further? Like I said it is a sub-species that seems to be a part of the planetary organizational ecology...something like lichen. It's not good for anything except to assert its existence on the surface of the damp rocks who don't seem to mind. I too am a listener and I too wish I could laugh at the circus, but I find it difficult. I am consoled by the fact that I think I'm old enough that I won't have to suffer through the colonization of the United States by the Chinese.

    ReplyDelete