Tuesday, July 26, 2011

BIRTHDAY BOY -- FROM THE BAY STATE -- ONOMASTIC BOY -- TIJUANA, MEXICO

Yes, today we have a birthday boy.  He is a very loving brother of mine who is righteous in every way.  He has but one very public vice...He insists on hitting little white balls and then chasing them himself.  This is very strange behavior, indeed.  Most people I know would not admit it, though they may admit that they train their dog to do it.  He is, despite this weakness, a true Prophet with a faithful following.  He has a deep religiosity and a sincerely Apostolic spirituality based on the Gospel stories.  I read him every day.  
He is today celebrating [I think he's celebrating] the anniversary of his original and only birthday.  It is therefore required of us to pray for him, thereby asking God to keep him in good health and in good humor for the benefit of the Communion of Saints.
So, happy birthday.

/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/
St.e Anne & Mary, St. Joachim

Today is also the special feast day of the Virgin Mary's father, Saint Joachim.  I have a serious friend in Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico by the name of Joaquin [Joachim] and I always salute him on this day, even though I know that if he crossed the threshold of the church, the roof tiles might vibrate and cave in.  Joaquin is a darling guy who is a straight shooter, a "say it the way you see it" kind of guy.  I was his direct supervisor for a couple years while I was the director of human resources of a large company in Mexico.  He is one of the three best management hires I ever made in 30 years of human resources experience.  I therefore ask that your prayers go out to him and to his family.  Even if you pray in English, God can handle it and give Joaquin and his family what they need in Spanish.  One way or the other, everything will be pleasing to God, both for Reef Lector and for Joaquin Samaniego.
Notice that I do prefer icons to western style paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment