Tuesday, May 24, 2011

FENG SHUI APPLIED TO GREGORIAN CALENDAR ...

CLICK HERE FOR $$$
I've had it.  Six times in two weeks I received an email connecting the numerological superstition of the 1111111-111111-11-11-111 and the numbers of the year of my birth adding up to 111.  Monticulum Stercoris Taurorum est! The numbers in the year of my birth add up to 20.  All this is supposed to bring you money if you forward the email with the information because Chinese Feng Shui has it all spelled out.  How can so many people be so ignorant?  The Chinese don't even follow the Gregorian Calendar except to do business with the West.  So what does Feng Shui have to do with the Kabbalistic shenanigans of numerological idiosyncrasies that only happen once in every 550 + years, by the Gregorian calendar, again.  I am sending this to you all so that you can  have some ammunition to stop the flow of this cultural detritus into your private space.  I suggest that you click here to check the truth of what I have dared to write in big, bad, black, bold type.
On a more sober note, I wonder what all the people who believe in the productivity of this kind of behavior will do with all the money that is supposed to flow into their pocket for following the instructions of the ubiquitous email.  I have a suggestion for those who are seeking money ... get a job!  Better still, go to Japan and help with the reconstruction after the tsunami.  They pay good wages too.  Be careful though, the Japanese don't use the Gregorian calendar either for all that is deeply important to them.
On the moral side, don't people know that to induce others to action through false promises based on superstition is immoral?  
I made a promise to myself at the beginning of this 365 Thoughts project that I would not ever be negative.  I would always try to be of good cheer.  That is one of two promises I made to myself.  So much for this one.  The other one is 
safely locked in my heart.  I don't fear that I will cross the line on that one.  After all, a person  has to have at least one secret.
I did respond to most of those who sent me the emails, but not all because I have too much work to do earning a living at a real job.  I now leave you in peace.  Be happy for me, I got it off my chest.  Tomorrow will be a happy-happy day, promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment