Friday, April 1, 2011

YA PUT YER WEED IN DERE

There was a time when I would have jumped into an ice cold November-chilled Connecticut river for this much Grass.  What a gold mine of cloud nine brotherhood this would be!  Sadly, I never ran across this Fort Knox in my Grass smoking era.  The best I could do was $35.00 per ounce Colombian sensemilla (sen-sem-ee-ya).  Now, I hear that that is sooo paséee!  The stuff they sell now is a hundred times better than that old s^$#*&t.  This according to my elder son, he of great knowledge and experience about such matters.  I wanted to talk about him today because it is April Fools day and his birthday at the same time.  The picture you see here could have been his avatar some time in the past.  These days it would be something closer to a source in Kentucky rather than Colombia...if ya get my drift.  All of this came to my mind today as I am in San Diego and there is so much stuff in the newspapers and on the radio about Grass -- yeah, Grass with a capital "G".  As you are all aware, the enlightened oligarchs, denizens of Washington D.C. haven't gotten around to de-criminalizing Marijuana just yet.  The grubby, space-cadets of various states like California and others have made the determination that Marijuana actually has some medicinal value. That being the case, Marijuana is available to those who need it to alleviate certain aches and pains.  So, it is legal with a prescription.  Today, the radio was exploding in reaction to an ordinance in San Diego that regulates the acquisition, the dispensing and the management of the drug.  There are also a lot of rules concerning the placement of the outlets where the drug can be purchased.  So, that makes San Diego the first major metropolis in the country to enact laws and regulations concerning the management of this legal substance...legal, that is, under certain constraints, in the state of California.  I personally think that this makes sense.  I'm all for it.  
Now, here's the scary part.  I really like marijuana.  It is a wonderfully active agent in the loosening of tensions and inhibitions during a party.  I find it better than alcohol in the sense that it never caused me to have a hangover or other physical unpleasant vagaries.  Just as I taught my boys how to drink with caution and restraint, I taught them to smoke Marijuana under the same cautions.  I told them that they did not have to hide their Marijuana activity from me nor from the Voice from the Kitchen.  They did not.  The second son was not as active as the elder in the pursuit of behavior altering activities, but he too was open about his smoking and drinking.  
So, I just blew a perfectly put together, sunny, Southern California April Fools Day by getting serious and telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth in front of you and the whole world.  Sheeesh, what a Bozo!  
On this wonderful April Fools
I did not use the good tools,
I went and broke all the rules.
I told the truth, so you will see
That there will really never be
A greater April Fool than me.
For those of you who know, and of course for those of you who don't, my attitude about these things was formed by EFR Dion who was clean and up front about such matters.  April Fools Day included.

No comments:

Post a Comment