Friday, April 29, 2011

YOU'RE NOT GOING TO WRITE ABOUT THIS ON YOUR BLOG ARE YOU?

Oh, boy!  What a great conversation that ignited.  It lasted about 5 words..."Nah, wouldn't think of it."  So here I am, writing about the art of hiding a picture inside of a picture without saying that there is a picture inside the picture.  There you are,  knowing that there is something inside of me today that you are not going to be able to read here, at least not in black and white, and wondering how you're going to find it between the lines.  Actually, you should have better luck with the stereogram above than with the between the lines truth contained herein.
Confidentiality is not something that I easily break, especially when I am told by the Voice from the Kitchen, "thou shalt not."  Confidentiality can be a dynamic learning device.  Listen to the truth that you are keeping to yourself. It is whispering new facets of itself to you as time goes by.  After a while you know that if you had divulged this truth, you would have lost some of its depth and you would be the poorer for it.  I invite you to look at some of the things that you haven't told anyone for one reason or another.  Some of the things we keep confidential are really not essentially secret, but because we keep them to ourselves, we feel better about ourselves.  Some are essentially confidential.  These can be among the greatest treasures we own.  Think of the doctors, lawyers, accountants, priests, mothers and fathers who harbor precious truths about people and/or things.  Over time, the guarded truth blossoms and makes the soul and the heart appreciate life more deeply.  Is it because we know and appreciate that it comes from a person such as we?  Is it because we suddenly realize how much we have grown because of the protection that we gave it?  I know that in some cases, confidential truths that I have guarded have served me in moments of helping other people to see tough realities in a softer light.  Not by divulging them, but by putting the lessons learned from them into the light of someone else's soul.
That is my thought for the day.  This is NOT was I was told not to write.  It is a reflection on how I feel about obeying the entreaty to not write about something.  I feel good about it now.  I know I'll feel better about it sometime in the future.  I may even write about it :-)

BTW, my son has landed a little job.  He is now going to be able to support his table tennis habit.  Thank you for your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment