Wednesday, April 20, 2011

This is gonna be short, I think.

NOT MY FAVORITE SHOT OF GETHSEMANE
I started to do this about an hour ago when the needle on the clock was still west of 12.  Kiss that intention goodbye.  Actually I have been in a theological exchange with someone and it gets very invigorating at some point when both sides are half right and don't want to admit that they are, at the very same time, half wrong.  You all know the feeling.  You know that you just crossed the right/wrong line but you'll be damned if you'll admit it, right?  So, the same thing happens when you talk about God too.  And who can admit being wrong when the conversation is about HIM?  [By the way, check out the first sentence.  Anybody seen a clock with needles lately?  Hands maybe?  Not even?  I AM getting old.]
This "365..." business has been going on now for exactly 145 days, 18 hours and no minutes and I have a secret to tell you.  I am never at a loss as to what to write.  In fact, in these 145 [nearly 146] days, I have forgotten more thoughts than I have ever forgotten in my entire life, to date.  This is ridiculous.  At all and sundry hours of the day I get a thought.  I twirl it around.  I test it out.  I say a few words about it out loud.  So I tell myself that this is going to be the soupe du jour. By the time I get here, three others have encroached on the space and I can't remember even a single one.
Tonight I was going to say a word or two about Holy Week.  Last Sunday I was going to say a word or two about the tombs of the righteous opening up at the hour of the Death, but I got that on hold until Friday.  Now, watch me forget it!  I put that picture up because I don't like what people do.  They actually ruined the Mount of Olives with all these buildings.  Actually, there have been a lot of things ruined, but the Mount of Olives and the Garden of Gethsemane are a loss.  The one place that I'm glad that they have ruined is Hinnom.  It is beautiful grass and such.  Nice touch to try to make us forget the child sacrifices that old Hinnom used to perform there.  I have a nice shot of that with some school teachers and their students frolicking in the sunshine.  Every year I miss the procession of Palm Sunday.  Maybe some day I'll get over that too.
Maybe for Easter I'll pull out the picture that I have of one of the rare remaining tombs with a round stone like the one that Joseph of Arimathea let Jesus use for a couple days.  They are really cool.  Lots of room, three entries and stuff.  Actually, the rolling stone tombs, when you see one, will make you think that Jesus was born in a cave and he was laid to rest in a cave, kinda.
So, tomorrow (Today, actually) I'm staring at about 12 or 13 hours of work, so I am now going to sneak away and come back tomorrow.  Deal?  Deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment