Wednesday, September 21, 2011

OFF-THE-WALL THOUGHTS, CONTINUED

Do you know why I have this picture here today?  Hmmm, I didn't think so.  Actually, it is not really symbolic of an off-the-wall thought, I don't think.  Off-the-wall thoughts are random, spontaneously generated electro chemical phenomena that invade our private mental space with no introduction, and just simply refuse to go away.  They're like ear-worms, only more insidious.  I say that because their source remains a mystery no matter how much you try to fathom what happened.  So, I chose this picture just because it is bright and doesn't seem to have much logic, if any to it.  This particular season is rife and ripe for all kinds of spontaneous memory activity for me.  It is about this time that I get closer to going to Massachusetts and that always brings me closer to all kinds of crazy mental gyrations.  But not always having to do with the East Coast.  The other day, for instance, I was thinking about Cape Cod when out of the blue ( I think ) came this picture of a lady who was a passenger of mine when I was driving the van for the medical transportation company.  It happened so fast that I immediately thought that she had died and was telling me goodbye.  I decided to check it out.  Sure enough, I was spot on.  Believe it or not, this happens to me often.  I think of people at the oddest times.  Rarely at night.  I don't have time for thinking at night.  That's the time I save for sleeping.  So don't you try invading my grey matter after such and such an hour, sweetie pie!  It's not always the dead ones who knock on my door.  Lots of you live people do it to.  I never have a way of knowing whether it's a good thing or a bad one.  So, out of fear of the truth, I just go take a cold shower and hope that you'll leave me alone.
For me, it's a telepathic phenomenon.  I believe in that kind of communication.  I believe that we are all connected spiritually and that we have the duty to care for one another by keeping ourselves at peace with ourselves so that we can be at peace with the human community.  It is also for me a deep religious conviction that we have to keep ourselves as righteous as possible for the good of one another.  This makes so much sense to me religiously, that I have come to understand the value of such a conviction for everyone, religious or not.  One of the big questions I have is this: "I am so friendly to the free spirits all around the place, why do I have to stare at my computer screen for so long before I can even decide to touch the keys?  Can't they pitch in and help me out?  Luckily I don't have that problem very often.  Besides, ya know what?  The idea for tomorrow has just now flitted across my mind.  It's a story that will surprise most of you, I think.  It has to do with a computer problem that is so mysterious that I have to talk about it.  You'll see, it's an interesting one.
So until then, "Sweetheart, Aloha, from the bottom of my heart."


No comments:

Post a Comment