Saturday, March 3, 2012

CELEBRATION OF LIFE -- MAY HE LIVE FOREVER

Rio Imamura; Sandy Brown; Asa Jonishi
Believe it or not, this is the only picture I took during the Celebration of Life dedicated to the memory of George Woodworth.  This shows Mr. Rio Imamura, intrepid blogger in the English language.  At his immediate left is Sandy Brown, looong time employee of Kyocera and still going strong.  To her left and with his head turned toward Mr. Imamura is the one and only Mr. Asa Jonishi, President emeritus of Kyocera America.  I was present and I was invited to deliver the opening blessing.  It was a very great honor to be there in the presence of the people whom I love and respect very much.  I had the joy of sitting next to Mr. Kasey Hasegawa at the same table as Mr. Shirai, both of whom were accompanied by their loving spouses.  I too was accompanied by Belle, my loving and caring spouse.  Directly In front of Sandy and Mr. Imamura sits Mr. Mike Kawamura, accompanied also by his spouse.
This quiet but respectful fraternal gathering is one that I, personally, will not forget.  I had to leave early because my spouse and I had to attend to putting our auto back in roadworthy condition before leaving for home, 100 miles away.  The battery and the motor decided to flip and flop in strange ways at the very moment that we arrived at the venue.  Since it was Saturday, we decided that it was better to be safe than sorry.
I think I have drawn your attention to Mr. Imamura's blog before, but just to be sure that I have done my duty, I give you the information one more time.
http://riosloggers-riodan.blogspot.com/
Rio writes in clear, carefully crafted English.  He presents solid and interesting facts about a number of cultural aspects of Japan and other countries that he has visited.  While I was having lunch with Mssrs Shirai and Hasegawa, they were praising Rio's writing ability.  They were mentioning that he writes very well in Japanese also.  That is really a compliment.
It was a very pleasant and joyful experience.  It is reassuring that George will not be dead in the minds and hearts of those who know him for a very long time.  As it is said in some places, "The King is dead; long live the King."

No comments:

Post a Comment