Friday, October 21, 2011

MAKE ME THINK


2,080,000,000 results (0.44 seconds)
The best I could find was this!
I do have to confess that I only
perused through the first five
results.  I'm sure that you would 
not believe that I had scanned all 
2 billion results.  
This is one of the more famous 
images that we as humans carry
around within our heads as we
go through life.  There are many 
jokes that are dependent upon the
very fact that everyone is 
familiar with the sculpture.  Most 
people even know the name of 
the artist.  I am often taken by the 
posture that this poor fellow was 
sentenced to maintain. for so 
many centuries.  Nobody
No one can begin to convince me 
that a human being could strike this posture and 
actually think of anything other that the pain that the contortions caused.  
You think I'm making this up?
I dare you to try it.  It's nearly impossible to twist your body into that way 
of sitting.  Then,
if you succeed in getting there, I dare you to get a creative thought.  Ha!  
See, I told you. 
It's impossible.  
Besides, we all know that there is a much better posture for thinking.  
It is much more conducive to being creative than any other known to 
humans.  Of course, the problem with our world is that so many of us 
waste the opportunity by reading some drivel like 
the daily cartoons.  Now that newspapers are on the wane, 
even I have to confess that I waste the opportunity to do some serious 
creative thinking by striking the "posture" and
proceeding to indulge myself in trying to solve a crossword puzzle.  
In fact, it is in that particularly productive posture that I am the most 
successful at crossword puzzle solving.  I often think that if I brought 
a blank sheet of paper with me along with a pencil I would have better 
luck with the "365 Thoughts..."  But then, that would take away my 
opportunity to strap on my headphones, get my free Internet radio 
station warmed up and start typing away with sweet music amped 
into my brain at about 5,000,000 dBs.
Besides, I have nearly completely lost my ability to write cursive legibly.  
So, crossword puzzle it has to be...or reading a silly short sidebar 
article in TIME magazine.
By the way, have you tried that Rodin guy's posture yet?  See?  
Didn't work did it?  If it did, prove it by sending me the results in 
the comment section.  I promise that I won't hold my breath.  I also 
won't tell anybody.
BTW, final thought.  Isn't this where we used to write "PS?"
Anyway, I have been flooded with a lot of Hallow e'en [how many of 
you remember that this was the proper spelling of the spooky night?] 
stuff lately, but I'm kind of holding it at bay until we get a little bit closer.  
I hope that none of you let your under age off- spring read this stuff.  
There are a couple thoughts that I have been thinking about 
unveiling that would not be very edifying for the young'uns.  
BBTW, used to be PPS
I am so glad that this is the end.  I couldn't hold the pose any longer!

2 comments:

  1. Hey !! I did the posture, I did have a thought
    actually a creative thought !! I need to lose
    some of this 'over 50' gut !! Hmmm!! when I was
    young I could do a few 'yoga' positions, but
    than I tried not to think !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you gone to Venice Beach? They are all contorted like your thinking pal here. Though
    these ones are standing. Arts!

    ReplyDelete