Tuesday, December 14, 2010

WHY IS IT SO HARD TO WRITE AN AUTOBIOGRAPHY?

I suppose that it is because it is impossible to know where to start and you don't know where it will end.  I sure as the devil do not remember when it all started.  Do you?  I can't tell you what it feels like to be in an environment where you don't have to breathe.  I can't tell you what I was thinking when I first saw the light of day. Or was that a klieg light and it wasn't day at all?  There's no one alive who knows any more.  So here I am stuck with a resolution that is now some 20 plus years old to write my autobiography and not too much to show for  it.  Believe it or not, I have an outline.  I have a great innovative and creative idea to not have the story progress over time, but rather meander through the four seasons of the temperate zone in which I was born and grew up.  It's a great idea.  It really does turn out pretty well.  It has some great stories in it.  The nice part about it is that they are all true.  The bad part about it is that I don't give it the time I should to get it done.  I have no idea who in this world does have the time.  I also don't have the resources to hire an amanuensis to do the work for me.  So here I sit with a bunch of blog posts, none of which follow the super creative plan that I worked out a couple of decades ago for my infamous autobiography.
Perhaps the most revelatory posts are to be found in http://fourinchdevil.blogspot.com/, called CRUSTY KURMUJJIN for one.  That one's a little bit edgy.  I let myself go in this one.  I have another one that is quite spiritual and actually has the title that I have in mind for the autobiography, http://nocryingatmyfuneral.blogspot.com/, NO CRYING AT MY FUNERAL.  You can look these up, if you have the time and the inclination.  They are both rather serious productions.  No Crying at my Funeral is really intended for the Church and can be found in the online weekly Catholic Life Style magazine, www/ParishWorld.net
It is really a well focused look into the depth of who I am.So now you know why I don't have time to follow the neat plan meant to support the creation of my autobiography.  I suppose if anybody reads enough of me on the Internet, they'll come to know me and they'll never know all the neat stuff about me like where and when I was born, etc.  So, I have the thought, I have the plan, I just don't have the treasure of affordable time to get it done...So instead I do this...Wow!  What a waste!  Trouble is, I like this, devil take the hindmost, and the autobiography too.

No comments:

Post a Comment