Thursday, November 26, 2015

THE DOOR

The door, 11/25/2010
This is the door to the bedroom where the two Dion Boys passed from infancy to quasi adulthood.  Along the way they and their father did some interesting "guy" things.  Some of the more interesting things were the moments along the way when I would read to them from books that I thought they would enjoy based on the simple relative judgment that they were writings that I had enjoyed.
It started with the Old Testament stories that I had heard from my Grandfather.  By the time that I had the time to share tese stories with my children, I had the wisdom to do whatmy Grandfather had done and spared them from the exposure to the more racy ones.
We went from there to the Hobbitt and the three books starring Frodo vs Gollum.  That took two years of nightly, or quasi nightly bed time reading.  Along the way, The Door developped into a contemporary pictorial exression of the rights of passage of the masculine elements of the household.  As far as I can tell, the latest addition to The Door was in the vicinity of 2005.  There are three protagonists, Jo-El, Jason and Enrique.


The present state


This is the door in its present state. 11-26-2015.
There are a lot of stories
behind The Door.  If only
the prime mover behind it
would regale the world with
the story.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment