Friday, November 20, 2015

ANNIVERSARY - A FEW DAYS

365 THOUGHTS X 500 WORDS, ON AVERAGE = 329,000 and if I remember right, I think every single one of them has been "G" rated.  As I wrote that, I found myself wondering if anyone knows what that means these days.  You might want to let me know.
The last few months, quite a few,I might add, I wrote notes to mysef about thoughts that I would like to write about.  That's as far as it got.  I have been writing a lot, but not in this space.  That's too bad because this is the one space where I generally have the most fun.  So now you know that what I have been doing is somewhat less than fun.  But now that the calendar has come back to the starting point of this blog, I figured that I might as well revisit you for moment.  

Five years is not a great amount of time in the long run.  However, when I tell you that when I started doing this I was only 73.6 years old, that should tell you that 5 years is a long time.  That is one large number.  There are many who were reading this back then who are not reading it now.  Back then there were barely 60 people on the mailing list.  Now there are twice than many plus those who follow it on Google+.  In the space of time, I joined Facebook and after three months I shut it off because it was pestering the daylights out of me.  Google+ is much quieter.  I still get pestered by Zuckerman's Folly but it is easier to press "delete" than to spend time making "friends" that I have never met.  Go ahead, call me old fashioned.  

So, now that I have come back, I am going to have to try to keep in touch over the next few days because the real anniversary date is creeping up on me...November 25 if I am not mistaken.  Then I am going to be leaving for Bethlehem, the Real One and I just might have a chance to write you a word or two from that vicinity.  If the angels don't keep me up all night with their singing.

Take it easy, y'all and stay tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment