Wednesday, November 18, 2015

KILL 'EM WITH HUMOR

They have the arms,
Screw them,
We have the Champagne!
The great war between secular Liberty, Equality and Fraternity and Theocracy (with my respectful tip of the Christian hat to my Jewish brethren).
The meaning of today's cover of the weekly satirical magazine published in Paris...The very one that was attacked by the Theocrats (so called) last January 7...goes very deep into the complex situation that is the prevailing environment in many parts of the world.
It is interesting to me and to the publisher of Charlie Hebdo:  The secular environment of freedom and mutual respect is seen as an insult to the Theocracy that is attached to the religious faith of a portion of the country's population.  The magazine is saying, "Do what you will and die in anger while I live my life out in joy and good humor.

That's my thought for the day.  You can tell that this event has really grabbed me.  Don't worry, I'll get over it.  Even if I don't, you still are expected to not cry at my funeral, even though Champagne, and its close and distant relatives, are no longer a part of my life.

Peace and joy to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment