Wednesday, June 15, 2011

THIS IS AMAZING -- THIS ONE GOT TO ME -- YOU WILL CONNECT WITH THIS ONE

MAY I PRESUME YOU'VE NEVER SEEN  ONE LIKE THIS?

If I ever sent you this by email, would you believe that it exists?  How much of what you see in the email that you receive do you believe?  C'mon, tell me the truth.  How much of what you think to be erroneous do you challenge?  How much of it do you even bother to refer to "Snopes?"  Be honest with yourself.  Check yourself out.  How much do you care about the veracity of what it is that inserts itself into your life?  How much of what you digest from the internet do you accept as pure truth?  Be honest with yourself.  No one is listening.  You're alone.  I'm going to tell you what my experience leads me to believe.  There are those who satisfy themselves with the comfort that the fact that they are sending a truck-load of "forwards" to their friends is a good way to maintain loving and caring contact with them.  Then there are those who only send meaningful communications that speak for themselves and come from the depths of the convictions of those who send them...
Today, all of a sudden, I got the thought that the emails that we send into the ethersphere say a lot about who we are.  It is my conviction that no matter how many emails anyone sends out, the topics of these emails brings us to know the core of the person who sends them.  It is also a feedback mechanism that brings truth to the sender as well.  Is the sender a truth lover or not?  Is the sender prejudiced or not?  The questions could go on and on.  
Finally, I find that most receivers of email are indifferent to the content of the email.  They do not care about the factual content of the communication.  They only care that they are on the sender's list.  I assure you, that when I see something that is false or dubious or stupid, I fight back.  It has done wonders for me.  My E-mail volume has really diminished.  I haven't made many new electronic friends, if any, but I have maintained my personal integrity.  Knowing that, remember that I told you that there is to be no crying at my funeral.

No comments:

Post a Comment