Tuesday, May 15, 2012

WHAT IS TRUTH? ASK A UNICORN

http://pai-thagoras.deviantart.com/art/The-Truth-About-Unicorns-169373311
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QFvKsvmnfM 
UNICORN SONG
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_EDBM1tOEo&feature=related
FANTASIA
After sometime off for work, work, and more work, I had to come back to reality.  Coming back to reality made me think of fantasy.  Fantasy always makes me think of truth.  I wonder what is truer, TRUTH or fantasy.  What helped me all the more is that tonight I led a learning session about Faith in God and Religion.  It was good therapy for me to get away from the slog and plod of the secular environment which sometimes robs me of my inner tranquility.  
When I got back home I pondered about some of the things that had been said in the session.  On the way back home I remembered, I don't know why, the traditional definition of truth that we had been taught in philosophy class: "Truth is perfect congruence between objective reality and the mind."  It was then that I began having some fun with that definition.  The first thing that came to mind was the "Unicorn Song."  This is the absolute, hard-core, undeniable truth why there are no more unicorns.  Hey, the Irish Rovers said it, case closed!  If you don't believe me, talk to Noah about it.
Interestingly enough, while I was thinking about unicorns, I got to thinking about Pegasus, the flying horse.  Now, there are some of you out there who do not believe that there ever were flying horses.  So who are you?  You can't convince the Greeks of that.  I am sure that somewhere on earth there is a person who has perfect congruence between flying horses and the mind.  So that makes it the truth right?  Besides, look at the Fantasia clip.  Unicorns and Pegasi [that's plural, by the way] frolicking together.  That's further proof that there is a lot of truth there.
It is clear to me, after having been around horses for all of about 20 hours max in my whole life, why there are no more flying horses.  They all decided that on their diet it was way too hard to fly and keep up the energy level that was needed for the effort expended.  If you don't believe me, you eat nothing but grass for a week and then go out and try to fly.  Good luck !
Finally, when I was putting this thought together, I decided to give you a taste of imputed, or inspired, deduced truth.  In all of the three representations of unicorns and flying horses, there are also some symbolic truths wrapped up in these artistic expressions.  I'm not going to impose mine on you.  I'll let you fish around inside of yourselves for those.  I hope you enjoy this little exercise in weird fantasy.
Even if you eat nothing but grass, this should be easy enough for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment