Thursday, May 10, 2012

BALLS ! WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT THEM?

Why do I think about these things?  I have altogether toooo much time on my hands.
Before I get philosophical, I will see how many kinds of balls I can name in three minutes.  Oh, by the way, this is limited to round balls.
Baseball
basketball
golf ball
meat ball
polo ball
canon ball
soccer ball
foam rubber ball
handball
racquet ball
bowling ball
Christmas tree ball
billiard ball
ping pong ball
tennis ball
sesame ball
matzo ball
volley ball
bearing ball
coming out ball [No square dancing]:-)
I'm sure that I missed some.  I really did not go for broke in this exercise because I wasn't totally in it.  Besides what made me think of this today was the fact that the sports news these days has a lot of basketball in it.  I hate basketball.  To me it is the most stupid of all games.  I don't usually admit this, but both Basketball and Volley ball were invented in the same area where I was created.  I am usually a nut about games with balls.  I suppose that I have to admit that I am a negative nut when it comes to those two red colored names in the column.  
My two favorite ball games are spearing meat balls with a well directed stroke of a sharp fork.  The better to slip them into my salivating face.  The other one is popping sesame seed balls.  Now those two games make sense.
Try them sometime.  


Seriously, now, it is observably true that the ball, as a reality is the most popular toy in the world.  We have it in our lives from birth until the grave.  It is an object that most people can afford.  It is also, I suppose, an object that most people cannot afford to be without.
All together now, click and join in..."Take Me out to the Ballgame..."







No comments:

Post a Comment