Wednesday, May 2, 2012

BODY TEMP NORMAL - 310; OBESITY BEGINS AT 125

You are all going to be convinced that I am whacko.  It's been a while since I have been trying to convince you thereof, but now I have absolutely irrefutable proof.  I am writing this now because, per exception, I actually had a thought that caught me by surprise at a moment when I could capture it in writing.
THIS IS 18TH CENTURY SCIENCE
HASN'T WATER BEEN FREEZING FOREVER?
WHAT TOOK SO LONG FOR US TO FIGURE IT OUT?
AND, IT LOOKS LIKE WE'RE STILL CONFUSED!
Don't ask me why, but I started to giggle inside when I thought of the difference between the Celsius scale and the Fahrenheit scale of temperatures.  I can't for the like of me fathom why Mr. Fahrenheit decided to have 180 degrees of separation between freezing water and boiling water.  Is it because water freezes at 32 [32? where'd he get that?] and ice melts at 32?  How can that be?  Aren't water and ice the same thing?  Whose the flip-flopper here?  I figure he picked 180 degrees of separation because he was thinking in a straight line.  Had to be that.  He couldn't separate freezing from melting, so anything could happen from that point on.
                              MWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWM
I have weight
Since I was thinking in scientific terms, [can't you tell?] I also got to thinking about Avoirdupois and Metric.  This caused me no end of confusion from a language point of view.  "Avoirdupois" is a misspelled, ungrammatical French word to say, "To have weight."  DUH!!  "Metric" is kind of Greek for "measure."  Personally, I like the Greek [universal] system because all the values are divisible by ten, in length, width, depth, mass and liquid.  When you mix "Avoirdupois," with "English"and "Fahrenheit" you really get into a rather interesting cerebral pentathlon where nothing is related and meshed. 
To put a final period on this, I got my pay today from ISO Translations, based in Belgium and it was for 156.33 Euros - .01 transaction fee for PayPal.  That is an interesting event since the euro is stronger than the dollar.  My final question is, "Why aren't the guys who are running for President of the USA not promising to make the dollar stronger than the euro?  They're promising everything else, why not that?"  
Don't get me wrong, I got $197.00 for my 156.33 Euros.

No comments:

Post a Comment