Wednesday, June 17, 2020

YOU SHOULD WRITE A BOOK

"You should write a book!"

The Voice from the Kitchen tells me that all the time.  She asks me questions in the hope of getting a one sentence answer only to be subjected to my one semester exposé of what I think the answer is.
The other day she asked how the United States got to be the United States.  Were there always 50 states?  Where did they come from?  Now, tell me, is that a question that you can answer over a scoop of ice cream at 9:00 PM, just before bed time?  After about 15 minutes of not taking a breath, I pause, and she says, "You should write a book."
Now, I ask you, consider this:
                   Calvin is one of my favorite philosophers.

Now, for your information, and solely for your information and absolutely not for my personal gratification, if you want to read my autobiography, fictional, aspirational, spiritual, personal and whatever other adjective you can think of, consider these references, outside of "365 Thoughts" which in total has more than 700 "thoughts" over 10 short years:

"No Crying at my Funeral"   312 published posts
"Krusty Kurmudgeon"           100 published posts
"Salettinian"                          598 published posts

Oh, by the way, this is a warning:  Beware of weak grammar, typographical errors, the occasional foreign language presentation and, if memory serves me correctly, one or two street corner words.
Actually, the one that appears most often, if I am not mistaken is my go-to "stercus taurorum" which is easily translated by imagining yourself  strolling in the cow pasture taking care of where your feet fall.  If that doesn't work, Google it.

By the way, I did start my non-fictional autobiography once upon a time about 30 years ago.  I even sat down and crafted the outline that I would follow.  It was a gorgeous outline, so perfect, so innovatively creative!  I even wrote the foreword and about 10 pages of "story."  All I have left is the memory.  What I have left on the Internet starts in March of 2005.  If you are interested, the links are all yours, good, bad and in-between.

Peace and joy to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment