Sunday, June 28, 2020

OXIMORON WISDOM - YA CAN'T FIND IT IF YA DON'T LOOK

"You should always go to other people’s funerals. Otherwise, they won’t come to yours." 
(YOGI BERRA) 
"Most people my age are dead at the present time." (CASEY STENGLE) 
"As long as I've got a chance to beat you I'm going to take it." (LEO DUROCHER) 
“learning's a gift, even when "pain" is your teacher!" (MICHAEL JORDAN) 
"Superman don't need no seat belt." (MUHAMMAD ALI) 
"The only thing a golfer needs is more daylight." (BEN HOGAN) 
"We're so busy watching out for what's ahead of us that we don't take time to enjoy where we are." (CALVIN & HOBBS)
"We have met the enemy and he is us."  (POGO THE POSSUM aka WALT KELLY)

Now, let me tell you that July is going to be a very good month.  I am in the perfect position to tell you that because I am a summa cum loyalty to the wisdom of Pogo, the Possum/Consigliere of Albert the Alligator, mayor of the Okeefenokee Swamp whose history was created and detailed by none other than Walt Kelly.  So what fact proof is it that allows me to impose credibility on you according to the sage of the swamp?  Simply this:  
          Friday the 13th ain't comin' on Friday in July.  
Brothers and sisters, what more proof do you need?   Enjoy the bad luck free seventh month of ol' double 20...
But ... stay safely protected in the friendly, virus-free confines of your cozy nest.  I say, enjoy it now in preparation for the Friday 13th infection which is scheduled for coming November.  I don't ever remember Pogo having any preventive antidotes  for that eventuality.  

BTW, do newspapers have cartoon pages anymore?
I used to read the newspaper comic section all the time.  I even remember the very beginning of "Peanuts."  Those were the days when Snoopy walked on all four legs and he never had a thought bubble of his own.  
BTW, how many of are wondering what I am talking about?

Love ya's all.




1 comment: