Friday, April 6, 2012

TOO MUCH CAUTION -- REALLY

by ZILALILLA on
DEVIANT.ART.COM
You know,there are some thoughts that come to me that are not auto-generated. It's true.  Some of them are supplied to me from friends, quasi friends, siblings, cousins, clergy, talking heads and a few other traditional and non traditional thought sources.  Oh, oh, I just realized that I'm in trouble now, I forgot the Voice from the Kitchen.  I should be OK now that I have highlighted her by my neat literary ploy of highlighting her by faking the oversight.
The fact is that some of the items contained here today are old.  I remember them from my VERY young age.  Nevertheless, they still populate my coconut.  So, here's the point.  If we heed every caution that is presented to us and follow the advice that comes along with the warning, we would not have time to do anything in life but dodge bullets all day.  The first one that comes to mind is "look both ways before crossing the street."  Yes, even if you did take the precaution of waiting until you got to the corner to make the hazardous journey across the street.  Now, if you're not walking, don't forget to fasten you seat belt.  Yes, even you who are sitting in the back seat.  Of course all of this presupposes that you remembered to slip on your anti UV Ray glasses, your cancer protective coating of sun blocker with the high PF number, your cell phone GPS function turned on in case you get kidnapped or worse.  When you get to your vehicle, do not open it with your key, use the remote and don't open the car until you've checked the back seat.  Now, I am sure that I have missed something and you haven't even got into the car yet.  But, I guess you're just going to have to brave it and start on your errand to get a bottle of water at the 7-Eleven.  I'll spare you all the warnings about the kind of plastic to want to check for, the kind of water you are buying.  As for me, I always buy Perrier in the green glass bottle, UV free, lightly carbonated, bad for your heart, great for a couple of comforting belches to make the day go better.  If you're tempted to buy gasoline, buy exactly 10 gallons, or 20 if your good at arithmetic, 30 or forty if you're a scientist and you drive a Hummer.  That makes the multiplication of gallons times price easier and the product will indicate whether or not you got ripped off by a rigged pump.
I am not going to continue the narrative because it would either bore you or scare the beejeezzoozz out of you.  It would include stuff like, being careful to check all your credit card receipts in case you were charged for "cash back" or not; accompanying the waiter to the cashier to be sure that no hankie pankie goes on with the carbon copy of the credit card; Internet scams; telephone scams; insurance scams...I mean who has time to do all this stuff.  Yet, there is some truth to the fact that there seems to be more people spending mammoth amounts of time trying to bilk their fellow humans than spending time at honest gainful employment.
You should be happy that I didn't get into the medicine and science part of this whole thing.  Some of it gets really wild.  The other day I saw a "scientist" on a mainstream television network saying with great conviction that sugar is poison and should be avoided at all costs.  Suuuure, and put all the bees and humming birds out of business.  Nice move, Ex-Lax.
So, y'all, just let it all go under the bridge and you'll be...HEY!!, you almost got hit by the skateboard cuz ya didn't look BOTH WAYS before going out to your porch.

No comments:

Post a Comment