Tuesday, April 10, 2012

LINE? THERE ARE MORE?

The other day I write this thing about "Deadlines."  All the way through I was thinking about how many funny things I could say about lines.  I refrained.  I have ben suffering from the after effects of the constraint that this self abuse put on my being.  The loss of freedom that I imposed upon myself has been somewhat more than I can stand.  So today, you're going to get the results of the mess that my grey matter has become because of the idiotic decision I made to discipline myself.  So, without once looking at a dictionary, encyclopoedia, geometry text, trigonometry text, physics book, and gosh almighty, not even "Bing" nor even "Google" I am launching a contest against myself to see how many "lines" I can think of in ten minutes.  If there are any spelling errors, live with it.  I don't operate well under the pressure of a deadline...the clock must be started because I just named one.
Now that I have just lost 30 seconds, I'm really getting nervous...Ready, get set, GO....
Fishing
Straight
Graph
Foul
Fair
Curved
Broken
40 yard, ect...
Goal
By
Back
Guy
Line of s...
Gas
Electric
Telephone
Double
Center
Business
Imaginary
Vertical
Parallel
Slanted
Line of sight
Line of type
Grid
Starting
Finish
Tree
Flight
Front
Clothes
Oh Lord, I just got a blank.  I'm trying tp rescue myself by distraction caused by writing as line to you, yeah, dropping you a line, see, it worked.
Dropped
Safety
Oh, no, only one more minute...yikes, 30 seconds...Am I done?  I'm afraid that I'm going to be the victim of the Beatles song about "Yesterday"=== I am.  I lost.  Oh no.
"Turn back, oh turn back,
Time in thy flight,
I need to return
and make this right."
As Charlie Brown would say, "Rats!"

"F" is for FLUNK
All else is bunk
The real good thing
That you can bring
To your addled mind
Is that you can't find
On the planet entire 
"F- with A+ to conspire.


34 in 600 seconds.  1 for every 17.6 seconds.  I guess I better find other work.
Now you try it with a word that you think shows up a lot in life.

1 comment:

  1. What have I done ? I know that the cause of Dr. Dion’s *line* writing is the few e-mails I sent him !!! The *chakra* imbalance of this guy has caused a tilting of the gravitational harmony that is needed. I must get him to the heights of the Himalayas. The other solution to his linear obsession is the Tuesday night meetings at San Cristobal, or is it a Tuesday night eating a sandwich of meatball !!!! Oh well !!! This is not the first person that has been struck with *Obsessive Linearosis*. The Badarians remained and still are thriving today.
    just me ....
    Bro. Phil

    ReplyDelete