Wednesday, July 8, 2020

SAN DIEGO CALIFORNIA CITY LIFE


THIS IS ABOUT 100% WHAT I SAW LAST NIGHT

Last night, I had to run to the pharmacy for a very small but important pill -- laxative -- in the hope that morning would bring the relief that makes octogenarian life worth living :-)
I gathered my car keys, my wallet and my telephone, final instructions from the Voice from the Kitchen and went directly to the family car.  No garage, just a driveway.
It happened to be almost dark but still a little bit gray.  I went to the driver's side of the car, unlocked the door, slid into the seat, did all the habitual, ritualistic things and before I knew it I was rolling backwards down the way.  
Then, in the various fractions of seconds between the initial instant of control and the total awareness of the space, I saw the full glory of the beautiful body of the animal what was escaping from beneath the front end of the car.  WOW!  So glad that he was more interested in getting away from me than to fight from his hiding place. 
I must say that over the years we have come to appreciate the presence of these beautiful, nocturnal rodents.  We have never become friendly with them, but we have always been accepting of their presence.  This evening was about the closest that I have ever come to triggering the defense mechanism.
Isn't it nice to have an occasional burst of  "close call" joy?
They are beautiful.  



2 comments:

  1. That spray of defense mechanism, i heard, is used in making perfume. So, there, try harder next time Paul, and you can start selling them. Oh, just make sure you don't wear them raw! Yuk-yuk-yuk.

    ReplyDelete