Monday, July 13, 2020

LAW AND ORDER --

Oh, Boy!  Law and Order.  There has been a lot of noise in the politisphere about this lately.
Law and Order!  What is that?
Easy - Law is what is on the "books" before I got here.  [I refer you to the Mosaic LAW.]
           Order is the way I tell you to act according to my reading of the LAW.
Here's a simple example of order according to Joseph Thibault, my one and only Grandfather and the living patron saint of EFR Dion, my father.
"Never cross the street in the middle of the block.  Always go to the intersection to cross the street.
Now, I am rarely a pedestrian on a city street in this, the 21st century.  Now,  I tell you that I am aware of the wisdom of the order cast upon me at the ripe old age of 5 years, 9 months old.  ( 1942 )
Can you see the connection between our venal lawmakers (AD 2020) and the hypocritical Pharisees of  BC ?? to AD 100?  
Law is what takes place in the courtroom.  Order is what I can get away with.
Law is what the Supreme Court says I can do.
So now, what I opined was right.  I arrest you, you disagree.  We seesaw back and forth in court appeals until we get an order.  By the time we think we have a resolution, other court decisions have superseded the one that we have on the dockett, so we amend our position to accommodate our desires to fit the elements of the newly proclaimed legal reality.
You see the path here.  Law is nothing but an embryonic reality that has quasi infinite potential for evolutionary replication.  
To quote the famous person against whose life my father dedicated my name,    
     "...because the law brings wrath. And where there is no law there is no transgression."
                      (Paul, Romans 4:15)
Think of this as you wonder why any intelligent human being would think that a conservative person and a progressive person would have different understandings of the law.  Isn't the law, law?

BTW:  Smile. There are three topics that have eternally, non-ending half lives:
law
politics
theology
I bring my musings to an end by expostulating without regret or fear of having erred:

It is essential that to save the constitutional republic of the United States of America a constitutional convention must be convened NOW.

Might be a good idea not to forward this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment