Thursday, April 30, 2015

SEXUAL HARASSMENT TRAINING IN CALIFORNIA

Skillpath.com
I had an interesting experience today.  After ten years of significant activity on the campus of our local parish church, I went to the diocesan headquarters for a training session regarding sexual harassment.  It was rather somewhat disorienting being in the audience rather than at the front of the room.  I have done this type of training many, many times along the path of my work history.  

But, and get this, I never presented this training in a room where there were nuns and priests sitting around the same tables. I don't know why, but that was somewhat disconcerting.  I can't help but wonder if Sister Mary of the Holy Archangel Michael ever did accuse Father Noah of the Leaky Ark of creating a hostile workplace environment for the good sister because of his over-use of the scatological expletive common on many church campuses.  I certainly hope not.

These days a full day training seminar on sexual harassment is a piece of cake.  The topic that really keeps things hot, I think, is child molestation.  I say that "I think" because I have been absent for any and all of those for eons of being around the Church.  I have had my fingers printed, my pulse taken, my blood pressure verified, my BMI statistically analyzed, my DNA distilled and filtered and my name analyzed on Google, all to no avail when it came to finding me with my hand in the child molestation cookie jar.  

So there!  

Oh, by the way, I do have a wonderfully kind and loving cookie jar right here at home.  Ol' Grace, the famous Vox Cucinae.  

No comments:

Post a Comment