Saturday, November 24, 2012

37,000 PAIRS OF EYEBALLS IN TWO YEARS

Thanksgiving-mas:
Two years ago, on the 25th of November, Thanksgiving eve, I started this blog.  It is true that I do not have 731 [leap year, ya know] posts, but I still have a lot to say in my life.  Not all of it is super.  Not all of it makes you sit up and take notice.  All of it is pure me.

Over the last year I have wedged - in some nasties on the Krusty Kurmujjin, and some spiritual ones on No Crying at My Funeral but all along I have been impressed at the lack of followers who have written and said, "Stop my subscription."  In the two years that I have been communicating to you, only two have told me to get out of their life.  I followed their instructions and they are no longer with us.  The rest of us hang in there and grow with the thoughts that are fertile and ignore the ones that are not.

You may not know this, but now and then, maybe five times per year, I reread the things that I have written.  I have to admit that my reactions are black and white.  Like: "Did I write that ?" :-(! or 
"Did I write that ?" :-)!  So believe me, whether you
react "(" or you react ")", when you analyze your reaction, you have to admit that you learned something.  You learned something about yourself -- and you think about it and you come to realize why you don't agree with what I wrote or  you do.  That, my friends, is personal progress.  So, I continue.  I continue not for myself, but for you and for my two loving boys.  They do not follow this blog.  I know that.  Why would they?  I'm only their father.  But I know that when I am dead and buried, they will occasionally browse around and find out what their "Old Man" had on his mind.  These blogs are the windows into my soul.  You are all witnesses.  I hope that you enjoy it because in the final analysis, we are all the same...

So, this is Thanksgiving.  Enjoy yourselves.

By the way, this is blog post 571...We are embarking on our third year.
365 more opportunities to help one another become better human beings.  Let's do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment