Saturday, December 6, 2014

THIS WAS DONE WHEN I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE CLEANING HOUSE

ME & "The Voice from the Kitchen"
This is one of those things that crops up on you when you are cleaning house.  You're doing it not because the place is dirty, but because you were told to do it.  So you do it until you get to finding something of great value, like a great picture of the person who ordered to clean up in the first place.  That is the beginning of a great day on the cleaning up circuit.
There are several more of these snap shots in a million places around the house.  This, despite the fact that there must be another million snapshots captured in electronic bits on flash drives, SD chips and in the cloud, that just have to be printed in hard copy so that "I can have an album."  Dream on dearest!  You have so many pictures captured on electronic media that it would take an album the size the Louvre Museum to capture them all in anything more substantial than ions and neurons and isotopes.  I have come to the conclusion that the great blessing of snapshots is that they give me a break when I start to clean house.  I always start in the places where I opine that there is the highest chance of finding interesting old snapshots right here!  Wow, got it, here's one of gran'ma Dion.  Don't believe me, here, take a look ... See, I told you.
Edward - Gran'ma - Ray
There are all kinds of things that you can find when you're cleaning house.  Heck, you can even find pictures of people whom you don't know and maybe never knew.  The worst part about that is that some of them look sneakily like someone whom you SHOULD know.  Now that is a guilt trip sneak attack.  Be careful not to ruin your day.  Here, let me try to do it for you.  I'll start you off with an easy one.
Lea - Ora - Rose
You name the guys













One is Theo and the other one is a guy whose name I have honestly forgotten.  If it comes back to me I'll let you know...I know his surname was Snowman,  O, I got it now, Everett.  See, I told you that was an easy one.  Now you get to guess where he was from and where he ended his days.  Do you know who was married to whom, by name of course, in the picture?
Somewhere in this ocean of faces, there is a Cecile, a Gloria, a Lionel, a Donald, a Mina, a Betty, an Al and a few more besides all the poor anonymous ones who have gone before us even though they have contributed to the shaping of who we are.  In some ways it is a good thing that I don't have some of the elements of the "shaping."  You know, stuff like the suit coats, suspenders, hats, full length dresses and a bunch of other stuff.
Now I know that ther are many of you who don't know these people in particular, but if you are an adult of any age, you know what this is all about.  It is about the human condition.  It is the river of humanity of which we are part.  You have the same mysteries in your lives.  You have similar collections of numerous faces, bodies, poses, geographic puzzles, old cars, funny hats and crazy hair do's.  Sometimes you see a 100 year old picture and you know exactly who the captured face belongs to, only to be disappointed at the five year old picture of your long lost cousin whom you can't recognize because the picture is five years old but the cousin is 75.

All of this tells you that I did not get much house cleaning done.  The Voice from the Kitchen is not going to be happy that I spent my time with photos and then ruined the rest of the day writing this silly blog post.  I can't help but think that I had better keep looking over my shoulder because she's out to get me, 4 SURE!

You want more pictures?  Don't look at me.  Go to your own attic::-)

No comments:

Post a Comment