Saturday, August 11, 2012

THINGS YOU NEVER FORGET

What are they?  C'mon give it a try.  Fill in the blanks.
1. -
2. -
3. -
4. - My first Schaefer fountain pen
5. - My first bicycle
6. - My first watch ( I still have it)  No, it doesn't work.
7. - My first dog bite
8. - My first job
9. - My first loss of consciousness and the subsequent headache
10. - My first fight.  I lost.
11. - My first pair of trousers. (long pants)
12. - My first belt.  A long time after the trousers.  EFR Dion always said that I had no hips.
13. - My first festive meal with the grown-ups.
14. - My first test paper. Spelling, English, 99%.  EFR Dion says, "If it's not 100% don't show me."
15. - My first "Public speaking" assignment.  7th grade.  "How to play cribbage."
16. - My first bus ride alone.  I was 6 months shy of 6 years old.  Going to school.
17. - My first stay in the hospital.  Surgery.  Tonsillitis.  48 hours of Hell, 9th level down! 5yrs old
18. - My first "outsider" baby sitter
19. - My first visit to the dentist.  14 years old.  He was not a nice person.  Really.
20. - My first REAL fishing rod and reel that was only mine.  I should devote more than just one line to this one.  This was a graduation gift from my uncle Normand [French "d"].  It was a seven foot, split bamboo casting rod made specifically for casting with a fixed spool casting reel.  What he bought was a high end Garcia reel that he had come to know in France when he served in WWII.
I spend hours in a field in front of our house, practicing how to use this equipment.  The first time I used it while pickerel fishing with EFR Dion, he caught two very nice pickerel while I got "skunked."  I can't remember if my dear father ever did let me live that one down.

So there you have it.  Just a little trip down memory lane.  I hope it triggered some happy moments for you.


3 comments:

  1. Paul Dion's picture in the paper with a coin in his hand that he had swallowed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paul does always back up what he says with some sign of
      worth !!! Financial or otherways !!

      Delete
  2. Yikes !! I remembered my first kiss, Lynda Fitzgibbon. The Irish Catholic girl, I kissed her on the cheek!! I also remembered some other 1st things, the first time I rode a motorbike and shed half of my thigh on a pine tree !!! There are a couple of other 1st ‘s that I remember 1 is not mentioned, the other is learning how to squirt my fountain pen accurately !!! Oh yea !! my first blog sent to you !!
    Bro. Phil

    ReplyDelete