Monday, August 20, 2012

THE CREATIVE GAME GOES ON

This one is about blogs.  I know that you don't spend much time browsing the Internet looking for cute blog names.  I don't either, but tonight because my brain was rather mushy, I found myself looking at a list of blogs and their front pages.  It brought me back to the games we played as I was growing up.  Cute license plate messages, like L84DD8, and a bunch of other cute nonsense.  Then of course there were the band names.  You know, the racier the better.  The best I ever found was the HummDrumms.  How's that for "ho-hum?"  Last night I got into the epitaph kick and I got one today from a dead hypochondriac who told me, "See, I told you I was sick."  Heee.
Blogs are a little different.  Through the hundreds of cover pages I saw tonight, there were surprisingly few with pet animals as the featured attraction.  There were exactly two that were "racy."  Note the quotes.  That means, "Close but not really."  Quite a few about nature and also quite a few about hallucinatory stuff.
Let me go see if I can find some that would be interesting to you.  Just for kicks.
f8hasit -- picture of a glassy eyed "Chuckie" type child
Dark Matters - Two guys in a dark pub
The Qi Papers -- Two white rabbits ?
Pedal Pushers -- Cycling, of course
Cycle Chic from Copenhagen -- Racy thigh on a bicycle -- Ah, those Danes!
Dark UFO -- Grey octagon on grey
The World from my Window -- Picture of a mushroom! Huh?
The Bitchy Waiter -- Picture of a pretty, 40's style diner waitress
Holyoke Home -- See Picture here:  Anyone you know?
10 Zillion Light Years -- a cartooned dodo bird
LoopyBoopy -- Big, Bug-Eyed, frazzled doll 
Stuff No One Told Me, But I learned Anyway -- Animals piled    
                                      up, sleeping on the body of an elephant
Everything I Like Causes Cancer -- Two Big Wading Boots
The Chubby Vegetarian -- Bowl of Meatless lasagna [I know a chubby vegetarian.]
BB-Blog -- A mechanical line drawing of a power pistol drill
Incidental Comics -- Weird comic book page
Herbie Likes Spaghetti -- Do I gotta tell ya this one?
E, Myself and I -- Front porch of a brick house

So, see, pretty dull stuff, right.  I didn't even tell you about 
Krusty Kurmujjin by Fourinchdevil.  I was holding that one for the climax.  

So anyway, now that you've spent 15 minutes reading this drivel, you don't have to waste time trying to find interesting blog names.  I have just proven to you that they don't exist...Except for the last one, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment