Sunday, September 27, 2015

I GOTTA HAVE SOME FUN WITH THIS GUY

If I were wrong, don't you think I would know it?
This is one of the greatest moments of my young life.  I am so glad that I am familiar with the one of the earliest biographies of the "One who doesn't have time for political correctness."  It makes me wonder if it is because he is too busy counting his $10 billion or it he is confusing political correctness with basic kindergarten level politeness.
Back in the mid 17th century my favorite classical writer, Jean-Baptiste Poquelin, AKA, Moliere wrote about a Misanthrope who had the same basic problem as the sweetheart in the picture.  He was convinced that the world had to pay attention to him because he was the only one who would "tell it as it is," in season and out of season.  He had one difficulty, the woman that he loved didn't like the forceful torrent of negativity and invective that came out of the mouth of her pursuer.  In the book, Alceste, the guy who didn't have time nor penchant for the niceties of life, wanted this woman more than anything.  In our present lives we are led to believe that the man with no patience for human niceties wants the White House more than anything.  $10 billion worth of anything.  That's impressive.

Enjoy yourselves, boys and girls, this show still has a while to run.

By the way:  Alceste does get the girl, but only after a very radical about face.
Don't hold your breath on this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment