Friday, June 26, 2015

MANHUNT -- GO BABY, GO!

Oh, yeah! 20 days and counting!
Oooppsss!  Not too much more counting left, maybe.
Looks like one of my guys committed suicide by cop.
It will be an interesting read when the story gets captured between hard covers.
I was trying to tell them by telepathy that they had to split.
So, they have split.
I'm betting that they flipped a coin to see who would be the "sacrifice."
Uh, no, sorry.  It's unlikely that they would have a coin.
They must have followed the Biblical ploy of casting flat stones.
Be that as it may, now there is but one.

I started developing this in my mind one night when I saw a picture like the one you see here.

Imagine 1,000 more of these people looking for only 2.
Now, of course, only 1.
I must confess that I hold these two in some kind of admiration.
Imagine, on the run for three weeks with nothing but the clothes on their backs.
What did they eat?
What did they smell like?
How could they hide?
Were they lucky enough to have been pursued by stupid dogs instead of smart ones?
One other thing that tweaked my being into admiration is the fact that they have not harmed one single civilian during the whole episode.
Of course, the episode still has to come to a close.
However, so far so good on that front.

I also have a lot of questions that I suppose will be answered in the book.
Where did they get the tools?
I mean, these had to be fairly sophisticated tools to get through the walls.
What about the tools to cut the pipe open so cleanly?
Didn't these tools make any noise?
Seems to me that there had to be more than two state employees implicated here, unless everyone else on the state payroll is as deaf as a pot!

So, now I am going to continue to root for the other guy.  He isn't a good artist like the first one, but day to day manhunt watching is a neat little passtime.
I wonder what odds the Irish gambling houses are giving that he too will arrange to get shot by the gendarmes?

So, that's my thought process (yep, I do have one, believe it or not!) for the time being.

Wait until you see the next one about feeding the wild animals.  Not in New York.  California.
I hafta take the photo tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment